Guitar Fetish needs to make a Bigsby inspired bridge

Sheik Yerbouti

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I need some details on that single cutaway in your avatar, twofoolsaminute.

My own creation. Alder body, white birdseye veneer. Three MOP GFS Dream 90s, Switching for series/parallel and phase reverse, strat neck, tele bridge. terrible woodworking on the body shape...everything you could want.

23686_1094546700282_1725021305_182938_53

23686_1094546100267_1725021305_182923_32

• Members

Floyd Roses stay in tune great. Unfortunately, they suck tone and function very poorly as a serious, professional vibrato.

Well, I've seen a few serious pros use them in the past.

Also, with a tweak here and there they don't detract from the tone of an instrument - I consider that 'setting them up'.

• Members

My own creation. Alder body, white birdseye veneer. Three MOP GFS Dream 90s, Switching for series/parallel and phase reverse, strat neck, tele bridge. terrible woodworking on the body shape...everything you could want.

23686_1094546700282_1725021305_182938_53
23686_1094546100267_1725021305_182923_32

Love it. It's a mutant strat, tele, and les paul baby. With P90s, and crazy switching. I bet it sounds {censored}ing weird too.

• Members

I hope they replace you at your job with someone cheaper-regardless of quality.

Being a product designer, I'm used to working for companies that send {censored} to China. My last comment was made in jest, truly. I'm truly hoping that the cost of shipping things eventually leads to a return in US manufacturing. Right now cash is tight, and I have gear lust for something I can't afford. I have integrity when I have money.

• Members

I've read bad reports on the internets about those, but then again, I've read bad reports about Bigsbys too from dumb bastards who don't know how to set up their guitars.

:thu: Nine out of ten Bigsby complaints can be corrected with a proper setup.

Unless it's a copy.

• Members

Every post he has seems so very butthurt. I think I have some topical cream for that.

Maybe you should get together with twofoolsaminute and hug and 'butthurt' each other...then you can keep me out of that entire conversation...you two seem into it - I'm not. Go to town.

• Members

Mine too.

Unfortunately, some of the other comments in this thread are honest comments by the posters...too bad people can't set up their gear.
:p

I don't hug other males.

Maybe you should get together with twofoolsaminute and hug and 'butthurt' each other...then you can keep me out of that entire conversation...you two seem into it - I'm not. Go to town.

I see what you're doing. Playing the gay angle. Anybody who has a hard time hugging another male probably has some latent homosexual issues anyway.

• Members

Unfortunately, some of the other comments in this thread are honest comments by the posters...too bad people can't set up their gear.
:p

There is no way to set up a Floyd Rose that will make it:

a. stop sucking tone

b. provide a more limited pitch range for tasteful music

Hope this helps.

• Members

There is no way to set up a Floyd Rose that will make it:

a. stop sucking tone

b. provide a more limited pitch range for tasteful music

Hope this helps.

Maybe there is no way YOU can set up a Floyd Rose that it will do either of those things. I do know now that if I have FR set-up issues that I should not ask you for advice.

• Members

Maybe there is no way YOU can set up a Floyd Rose that it will do either of those things. I do know now that if I have FR set-up issues that I should not ask you for advice.

My advice is that you ditch your inferior Floyd Rose system and go with a more intelligent design:

Bigsby-B3-Chrome.jpg

• Members

My advice is that you ditch your inferior Floyd Rose system and go with a more intelligent design:

Bigsby-B3-Chrome.jpg

But you have already rendered you opinion invalid as there are scores of people who have no problem getting both tone and usability out of their Floyd Rose systems. Nice opinion but, just because you posted it does not make it fact.

• Members

Floyd Roses stay in tune great. Unfortunately, they suck tone and function very poorly as a serious, professional vibrato.

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read on this forum. That says a lot considering some of the things that have been posted here.

Really now, I understand that you like your Bigsbys but accept the fact that some people find the alternatives to be far superior.

• Members

But you have already rendered you opinion invalid as there are scores of people who have no problem getting both tone and usability out of their Floyd Rose systems. Nice opinion but, just because you posted it does not make it fact.

Sorry, I've never heard a guitar with a Floyd Rose on it that had anything but a thin, anemic tone.

As far as usability goes, the Floyd Rose is like a car that goes from 0-60 just by tapping lightly on the accelerator. Try driving to work in something like that.

Archived