Have I lost it? I might put off buying my dream guitar for...

KidEh

• Members

...a Mexican Strat.

I've been having second thoughts about buying my dream Jazzy this summer because I shouldn't be spending $1600 when I'm going away for university in September. however, even with that out of the picture, I have become enamored with another limited edition strat. Here's the weird thing: I'm not a strat guy and I definitely wanted to buy American this time around (I own a Mexican tele that plays awesome and two Canadian models). However, I just can't resist this finish:

Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-HSS-Sunfire

Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-HSS-Sunfire

$550

I mean, I love the neck on my Mexican tele and I'm sure if I tossed some lace sensors in there with a new bridge and nut it would sound unreal...

Tell me guys, am I crazy?

• Members

dude that's almost my exact story. I was saving up for an MIA strat for about 2 months, and decided at the last minute to just get a new MIM because new gen MIMs kick ass anyway.

just ordered a new MIM strat in lake placid blue with rosewood fingerboard. did it from JR with the 25% cashback :)

• Members

Yeah it really makes sense nowadays. The MIM necks are unreal IMO if you find a good one. I mean, I would love to buy a MIA strat now but the numbers just don't add up and the color selection is better in the MIM models. I mean I can buy that strat for 550 and toss a Lace Sensor loaded pickguard in plus a new tremolo for less than a new MIA strat. Why not?

I guess the Jazzy might have to wait for later :(

I'd hit that strat hard. Its one of the Limited FSR's right?

Yep!

• Members

...and I definitely wanted to buy American this time around (I own a Mexican tele that plays awesome and two
Canadian
models). However...

Eh, tell me more aboot these Canadian model Strats (or Teles).

• Members

That's cool looking strat. I wonder how the paint actually looks in person.

What are the model names? Are they a limited run?

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar?sku=423540

Also I don't think it's that silly getting a guitar how it looks especially since I already know I like how they make the necks unless I get a lemon.

• Members

I like the J Vaughan MIM's.. They are a safe bet if your buying on line. I wouldn't buy any other MIM without seeing it first. They are not all created equal.

My suggestion would be to check out a new MIA Special as well.

Classic Player 60 strat ,Baja Tele, Kenny Wayne Shepherd strat are all MIMs as well made as the JV strat.

IMO the Highway One strat for $699. is hard to beat right now.

Archived