PRS SE Mike Akerfeld sig. anyone?

Vinchester

• Members

I'm going to the UK this September and (un)fortunately need to buy a new axe :thu:

I've played some Les Pauls and like them, so I want my new guitar to be an LP, though it doesn't have to be a Gibson or Epiphone because my gut's telling me I could get a better deal from other brands lol. I like moderately fat necks. I play heavy metal (not shred) and other rock things as well.

So does anyone have an experience with Mike's sig.? I'm a fan of Opeth and I'd love to try the guitar out. hope I can get it at 600-800GBP there.

for reference, here's the link : http://www.prsguitars.com/semikaelakerfeldt/index.php

• Members

I haven't had exp with that particular guitar, but I don't think you can go wrong. I've had a couple of SE Singlecuts before, and right now have a SE Custom 24 that kills. The wide-fat PRS neck are my favorite.

I'm not an Opeth fan myself, and I could do without the logo on the body, but otherwise it should be a killer guitar :thu:

• Members
Except for the satanic symbol on the front, it is a very nice looking guitar.

Isn't it just an "O"?

I like the specs on the guitar and the color looks great too.
I didn't want one with an "O" on the body though.
Too bad they didn't just put it on the truss cover.

Some pics of one I saw on BAM.
Wholeguitar.jpg
body.jpg
neckheel.jpg

• Members

lol Oprah
:p

Anyway thanks for the input. Not many have played this thing because the model's still quite new. I hope it'd give me that LP big tone. Gotta try one out first.

It will probably sound good but it won't give a big LP tone. Too many differences in materials and lower mass in general.

• Members
It will probably sound good but it won't give a big LP tone. Too many differences in materials and lower mass in general.

Yeah on a closer look I agree with you. Thinner body than a LP.

And I just saw the position of the pup switch. OMG that's rather awkward! And why the hell would they put it beside the Opeth logo :facepalm:

• Members

I was quite excited about the prospect of an Akerfeldt signature guitar. Then I saw the finished result, and I was a bit disappointed. Don't like the positioning of the Opeth 'O' at all, even though it's one of my favourite bits of band-logo-ery of all time. If it was going to be on the guitar at all, I'd see it as a 12th fret inlay, if that's even possible for a korean factory-made guitar.

Love the colour though, and the birds. I dunno, if I ever see one going for buttons second-hand I might grab it. :-)

Archived