Damn Rondo Music

_pete_

• Members

It's no secret that I love Les Pauls, Floyd Roses, and combinations of both.

I had to sell my Les Paul Axcess and replaced it with a PRS SE singlecut that got a Floyd transplant before it was a week old.

Now Rondo comes out with 3 new LP Floyd models and a new LP model.

I might have gone with one of these if they would have been around a month ago.

Goldtop AL2000 Floyd

al2000goldtopfbt5.jpg

Tobacco Sunburst AL2000 Floyd

al20002tsflamefrt5.jpg

Cherry Sunburst AL3100 Floyd

al3100csbflamefloyd5.jpg

I like this new model. A chambered (8 lb.) AL3100

Tobacco Sunburst AL3125

al31252tsflame5.jpg

Cherry Sunburst AL3125

al3125csbflame5.jpg

• Members

So, are the Floyds useable at all on these? I am tempted to grab the gold top or 'backer sunburst one. The Cherry Sunburst 3000 looks neat as well, but with 24 frets I think I would like the upper fret access of the other two models.

• Members
They're cheap enough. Swap in a good Floyd and they would still be a good deal.

This. The Agile AL series have ALWAYS been a great guitar for it's price from the get-go. Nicely made early product from Korea. I have one of the early 2000 AL2000 with the original horn and headstock and an SG Supreme copy that sound fine!:thu:

• Members

I immediately replaced the Floyd on my SX Strat when I got it. And I was even able to replace the locking nut and string retainer with an OFR locking nut and string retainer just using the holes that were already there, I didn't have to fill and drill anything. Which is a good thing, cuz I don't lnow how to do that :idk:

• Members

This. The Agile AL series have ALWAYS been a great guitar for it's price from the get-go. Nicely made early product from Korea. I have one of the early 2000 AL2000 with the original horn and headstock and an SG Supreme copy that sound fine!
:thu:

I have a transitional AL2800.

Original headstock, but short-horn.

The 7 string tele is on the short-list.

• Members

The 1 5/8 nut is the killer for me. I'd much rather have the PRS with the wide-fat neck.

I'd prefer the wide-thin neck, really.

I wonder how accurate that number is.

My son has an Agile PS970 (the one that kinda looks like a PRS) The neck on it feels very similar to my PRS SE wide/fat. It doesn't feel narrow at the nut at all. I have a Squier Strat neck that is 1 5/8" at the nut and it feels tiny.

I'm thinking Kurt just copies and pastes specs from older models and doesn't update some of the small details.

Next time I get a chance, I need to measure my son's guitar and see what it really is.

Archived