Is anyone else completely happy with their gear and tone?

strtdv

• Members

I've been playing guitar for 8 years, and for probably the last 4-5 I've been really working at getting sounds that I'm happy with.

I have to say, I'm completely happy with the stuff I have right now and with the sounds I'm getting from it.

I've got 2 guitars (a Strat and a Tele), both with BareKnuckle pickups, 2 amps (a Laney Lionheart and a vintage Orange), and maybe 8 effects pedals. I can get fantastic cleans and drive sounds.

I really don't feel the need to buy anything more.

I've tried adding a Les Paul to the collection (twice actually), but I sold them because they just didn't fit in and I couldn't bond with them.

Anyone else here completely satisfied with what they have and the sounds they're getting?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes - or rather one of them at any given time. Between 7 guitars, 4 amps and a host of pedals I can mix and match to find something I like. Do I like the same combinations all the time? Hell no.

• Members

I've been playing guitar for 8 years, and for probably the last 4-5 I've been really working at getting sounds that I'm happy with.

I have to say, I'm completely happy with the stuff I have right now and with the sounds I'm getting from it.

I've got 2 guitars (a Strat and a Tele), both with BareKnuckle pickups, 2 amps (a Laney Lionheart and a vintage Orange), and maybe 8 effects pedals. I can get fantastic cleans and drive sounds.

I've tried adding a Les Paul to the collection (twice actually), but I sold them because they just didn't fit in and I couldn't bond with them.

Anyone else here completely satisfied with what they have and the sounds they're getting?

What is it today...Tuesday? Then yeah, I'm happy with my gear today.

• Members

As far as guitars go yes, but I am on a constant quest to mess around with things with boxes, and amps or amp tweaks.

Tele
Les Paul Junior
Occasional user of a regular Les
Most importantly, electro acoustic.

AC30 seems to be my bag, occasionally use of Fender DRRI, although I am REALLY hankering after a Bassman... especially as the singer I occasionaly play with wants to do some Stones covers... could be an excuse to get one.

• Members

I'm completely happy with the sound of each of my guitars plugged into my amp. But there are plenty more sounds I could be getting if I bought more guitars and more amps. ;)

I'm still learning how to get the same tone I get live reproduced when recording though - with trial and error I'm getting better but I could do with a top-end mic to sit in front of my amp

• Members

Sometimes I'll start to play and just won't be happy with how anything sounds, but that is usually the indicator that either strings or tubes need to be replaced and then all is well again.

I'd like to try out some kind of harmoniser like a HOG, or a POG or a Pitchfactor, and I'd also like an old Rat, but as far as what I have is concerned, it's all staying put.

• Members

Yeah, I'm happy with what I've got. I had been missing some single coil snap, but I just got an SG Classic to remedy that. My 2 other electrics, acoustic, bass, 2 amps and 5 pedals are just what I've always wanted though... I can't think of much else I want... well, except some cables to run a stereo setup.

• Members

After a few years of buying, selling and trading all types of amps and guitars, I am down to one guitar & one amp. I have a CIJ Jerry Donahue Tele and a Vox Pathfinder 15R. I don't play out so it is the perfect setup for me. The amp is simple and needs almost no tweaking once it's set. It has great tone for a SS amp with an 8 inch speaker. The Tele is great too. The neck is a perfect fit for my hand and it sounds awesome with the stock pickups. Very happy with this combo. All I would like now is a decent acoustic.

• Members

This is one of those questions that really is hard to answer some days...

I love the way my guitars are set up 99% of the time.

I love the way that my amps sound 99% of the time.

Whether I play through my gear or someone else's gear I sound tone wise like well.. Me...

I am a firm believer that Tone lives in your fingers and not in your gear so practice makes for better tone and because of that I am never completely happy but I have this sound in my head that I am always working towards ;)

• Members

No. But i only have a epi les paul with p90's and a blackstar HT-5. My search has only begun. BTW which BK's do you have in the strat?

• Members

Yup.

I am able to regularly and consistantly get hundreds of tones that I like, on various multiple instruments, and I LOVE the fact that I can easily find a use for ALL of them, especially during recording. The only thing I could NEVER be happy with is only ONE particular tone. I love them all and consider them like paints as an artist would for painting. It would be a pretty boring painting if all you had was a white canvas and only one other color.

I want ALL the colors available to me, even ones some would consider aweful and useless, because the art of it is putting it in the right context. There are uses for all of them.

So most definitely, yes I am very happy.

The only thing I could ask for is even MOAR TOANZ!!!

I want them ALL!!

Archived