Is anyone else completely happy with their gear and tone?

strtdv

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup.

I am able to regularly and consistantly get hundreds of tones that I like, on various multiple instruments, and I LOVE the fact that I can easily find a use for ALL of them, especially during recording. The only thing I could NEVER be happy with is only ONE particular tone. I love them all and consider them like paints as an artist would for painting. It would be a pretty boring painting if all you had was a white canvas and only one other color.

I want ALL the colors available to me, even ones some would consider aweful and useless, because the art of it is putting it in the right context. There are uses for all of them.

So most definitely, yes I am very happy.

The only thing I could ask for is even MOAR TOANZ!!!

I want them ALL!!

This, except for pinch harmonics, no use for those. :poke:

• Members

which BK's do you have in the strat?

Irish Tours set.

I got the prewired pickguard with paper in oil caps, cts pots etc, so all I had to do was drop it in and wire it to the jack.

It sounds amazing.

• Members

Sometimes I get close. But then there are times like last nite, when 2 amps were sounding wierd, bad. Couldn't get the tone, and it usually is easy.

??

But, love my stuff so I say I'm 87% happy.

95% of the time.

• Members

Irish Tours set.

I got the prewired pickguard with paper in oil caps, cts pots etc, so all I had to do was drop it in and wire it to the jack.

It sounds amazing.

Nice, I'm thinking about getting BK's for a warmoth strat project. I was leaning towards the irish tours so it's nice to hear you like them

• Members

I'm 1000% happy with the gear and tone I have.

I have such an amazing collection of Amps, guitars, pedals, some rack gear, and a KICKASS small P.A. with nice Senheiser, Shure, and EV microphones.

Everytime I think to myself "I want to go to the music store and try out some cool stuff..........." I think "Wait..... I can just go home and try out some cool stuff!!" :thu:

• Members

Nice, I'm thinking about getting BK's for a warmoth strat project. I was leaning towards the irish tours so it's nice to hear you like them

If you're unsure drop Tim an email. He's very helpful.

• Members
I've been playing guitar for 8 years, and for probably the last 4-5 I've been really working at getting sounds that I'm happy with.

I have to say, I'm completely happy with the stuff I have right now and with the sounds I'm getting from it.

I've got 2 guitars (a Strat and a Tele), both with BareKnuckle pickups, 2 amps (a Laney Lionheart and a vintage Orange), and maybe 8 effects pedals. I can get fantastic cleans and drive sounds.

I really don't feel the need to buy anything more.

I've tried adding a Les Paul to the collection (twice actually), but I sold them because they just didn't fit in and I couldn't bond with them.

Anyone else here completely satisfied with what they have and the sounds they're getting?

Holy {censored}! I Think i might be you! Actually, we met on another thread, I too am a happy customer, i play a Strat and Tele through a Laney TT100 combo, and an Orange OR120 head through a marshall cab with a few pedals, although im after a trex gristle king to go through the orange set up!.

Them Fender/Laney/Orange boys make some grand gear!:thu:

• Members

Pretty durn close.

I've got a ridiculous overkill in gear amount right now. If I don't take a fancy to whatever I pick up, there another batch a few feet away. I make a point of taking different guitars to each gig.

None of it's particularly "high end" and certainly not "boutique," but I doubt going that extra mile would have any real effect.

• Members

Never 100%. There's always something I could have. Many times it's environmental: this weekend played a gig where we had to watch stage volume. If I had my way would have been able to turn up loud enough to get the goods out of the amp (don't have or like attenuators). My smaller amp would not have been versatile enough. But, I was 97.5% happy, the gig was great, so it's nitpicking IMO.

Plus the quest for "that" tone is the fun part. I'd say I'm 97.5% happy 80% of the time if that makes sense. Got one room that whatever I play through the tone sucks. Not just guitars either, EVERYTHING. Anyone else have one of those rooms? Would you give up the gig? Not me, it's always a fun crowd, and they could care less if I played through the PA with a Bad Monkey pedal.

• Members

After the last two years of actually knowing what I was looking for and finding it by trial and error, I can finally say yes. I am curious as to see if I can improve on the octave pedal I use but overall I'm done.

• Members

since i got my mark IV and my avatar 4x12 with celestion hot 100's, i've been really happy with my tone. I would like to get some =C= 6l6's and some new groove tubes preamp tubes and then i would be fully satisfied with my tone

• Members

I am. I have IMO the best gigging amp (vht deliverance 60), the best high gain practice/recording amp (blackstar ht-5) and the best guitar (1989 Hamer USA Californian). I've also been using the same 2x12 and 1x12 cabs for years now, though I'd like to possibly add another 2x12 at some point.

I think after I get my Prowler FJA modded I'll be done. Hopefully :lol:

• Members

for me the tone is like the playing - always looking to improve both. but i'm happy with it.

Well said sir.

I'd have to agree. I love my gear but I'm always searching for something better.

Recently I've been using an Ampeg Gemini and a Tele.

• Members

In short, no. I'll never be completely happy with my gear.

Amp-wise, I'm happy. I'm in love with my Blackstar, and I currently don't have the "I wants" for anything else.

I'm mostly happy with my tone. I'd like a few more pedals, but I'm spending a lot of time plugged straight into the amp.

As for guitars, I'll always have a long wish list.

• Members

I've got everything I could possibly want and then some. I have incredible fun every time I pick up a guitar, I have so much tone shaping possibilities now, that I'll probably never get to explore all of it's potential. With a little{or sometimes alot} of work I can usually get the tone of anything I've ever heard on record for the last 30 years or so, from every major player who ever hit radio. Same thing with creating some sound I've never encountered before, although that usually takes alot more work. Tone design is one of my main reasons for playing and I have more than enough tools to come up with {censored} that has never been heard before. I just wanna keep doing what I'm doing before arthritis and age completely prevent me from playing anymore.It happens to every guitarist eventually, so all I can say is, enjoy the power while you have it;
it doesn't last forever...

• Members

I'm pretty well satisfied, even if it's partially due to the fact that I know I can't do anything about changing it in terms of acquiring new gear etc...I'm stuck with what I've got for the forseeable future but I'm not unhappy about it at all...

Archived