My bestest NGD ever...

BryanMichael

• Members

Electrics come and go...but a good acoustic will stay with you for decades.

I've always wanted a Gibson, and I turned 40 this year. My Epiphone solid top has served me well for 13 years, but today...

!BvOU2h!!Wk~$(KGrHqUOKi0EvPW0knWWBMDpkpM

I stand humbled by the sheer beauty of my new 2010 Gibson Songwriter in limited edition sunburst. Just unwrapped her.

:eek:

• Members

Electrics come and go...but a good acoustic will stay with you for decades.

Y'know, I'm primarily an electric player, but could not agree more with this statement. I just ordered my own 40th birthday present, and once it comes in I may never have to buy another acoustic for the rest of my life.

Happy NGD, by the way--your Gibby is gorgeous!

• Members

Thanks guys.

I will just say this on the whole Epiphone/Gibson thing (although comparing my two acoustics is apples/oranges really...)

There is a difference. I like my Epi acoustic very much, I've had it for 12 years. It's an anniversary model with sold woods (1998) I upgraded the saddle(bone), (bone) nut, and bridge pins (ebony) and took off the pickguard. It has a great, intimate, DARK tone. It plays well, it's broken in, it's solid woods so it has even aged some with some musical resonance....

But sitting there playing the two side by side is...really an eye opener. The Gibson RINGS like a bell. The whole guitar vibrates as a whole, it is ARTICULATE in a way the Epi never has been, and never will be. The neck is SIMILAR to the Epi...but easier to play, more comfortable in your hand and just feels more natural. Fretting barre chords has never been easier. The sustain on the Gibson is frankly...amazing. It just SINGS, a chord dies out slowly...it's like softly striking a piano in a warm, wooden cathedral. The Epiphone doesn't approach this sense of being "alive" like the Gibson does.

Archived