ok, so the Ulitmate Les Paul amp?

scuzzo

• Members

im doing a track an im trying to get a good emulation.. so what is the Ulitimate Les Paul Amp.. im not sure its a marshall, im thinking a rockerverb 50 or vox..

but there must be one that is considered the prime choice... it might even be a fender black face.. or tweed.. but

whats your choice for the ultimate les paul amp?

i already have my tone figured out for strat.. but les paul is a bit tricky..

whats your choice?

• Members

My LP has low output pickups and I mostly play it clean or close to clean... The Deluxe with a Weber P12NT probably got the most play time when I had it.

Really though, that guitar sounds good with pretty much everything I've played it through... The Deluxe Reverb, couple AC15s, Marshall DSL, Tweed Champ, Tweed Deluxe, Twin...

When I think 'Gibson Les Paul' the first amp I think of is 'JTM45' though for a lot less money and probably a lot more versatile setup, my Twin II with a Barber Direct Drive puts up a pretty good and pretty loud show.

DSC_3239a1.jpg

• Members

The Cornford Hurricane is superb. I thought it sounded good with a Strat, but it makes the LP really come alive. Haven't tried any of their other amps... nobody local stocks them!

The Hurricane sounds best a bit overdriven, but does everything from Beano album to ZZ Top and Slash GnR (if you like that kind of thing!)

But any decent tube amp and a LP sounds like a pretty good combination to me!

P6140030.jpg

• Members

i agree mostly with the EL-84 style amps......and especially Vox amps.....you crank a 15 watt Vox (tube) amp with a Les Paul.....and it gets very nice and crunchy.....but if you are talking about full on distortion....then it really isn't as big a concern which amp you use....then it's all about the pedals.....i also very much like the new Soldano Jet City amps.....20 watts....EL-84's....very nice sound IMO

• Members

59 Bassman or a Marshall would be my favs.

I guess it depends on what you're going for though. About anything sounds good with a lester if you tweak it right.

EG

wow first post nails it. :thu: on the tweed bassman.

i absolutely love a tubescreamer in front a JC amp w/a LP too.

Archived