What do you use your middle pickup for, on your strat?

Shenaniganizer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm..

Does the "quack" have something to do with the position of the pickup itself, more than the actual pickup itself? I know that positions of pickups according to how close they are to the bridge or neck can have a rather large effect on tone.

Do you think you can get a quack-ish tone between a single coil bridge, and single coil neck?

• Members

Eric Clapton and Tom Principato both use the middle pickup alone for soloing...
:o

This .... I have an EC Strat and this is what I use for soloing - with the special "tone" knob turned up for compression/sustain.

• Members

Hmmm..

Does the "quack" have something to do with the position of the pickup itself, more than the actual pickup itself? I know that positions of pickups according to how close they are to the bridge or neck can have a rather large effect on tone.

Do you think you can get a quack-ish tone between a single coil bridge, and single coil neck?

:confused:

• Members

I don't usually use it by itself, but using the middle with the neck pup is easily the most common position I use. With a lighter touch it makes a nice smooth sound for rhythm, but if I dig in, I get a nice quack. For solos, I might go to the neck pup by itself or to the middle-bridge position.

..but I suck, so it doesn't really matter.

• Members

Hmmm..

You mean a tele... :poke:

• Members

i used to switch to it when parts, initially written with neck pick up in mind, did not cut enough. it happens live, mostly thythm stuff. clean, i liked it also for certain arpeggios and chording - a tighter, a little bit flat but still very mix-friendly tone.

Archived