Songs for new female singer (pic)

caveman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Get a little creative, adjust some of the Keys for her vocal range:

A couple of Foreigner songs- Wanna Know what Love is and a few rockers from them as well.

A couple of Jorney songs- prob won't even have to change the Key.

Kick ass version of Heard it Through the Grapevine with the guitars doing the keyboard chords and string lines,also reference Fogerty version for guitar lines.

Think of Hendrix doing Mustang Sally by Wilson Pickett or ZZ Top doing this song- then raise the key for her but keep the guitar parts LOW and dirty ( I hope you guys can sing the backups.) Midnight Hour could be rocked out as well, Pickett tunes have great grooves.

Roxanne - by the Police and a couple other Police tunes, "chicafied " a little vocally but NOT rhythmically.

Maybe cover a Van Halen Cover - like Dancin in the Streets or You really Got Me.

Finally a real dirty version with the guitars doing the Main Line and Keyboard riff for " My Love is Alive " can't remember Artist name killer riff- rarely covered.

Still more pick an early Winwood/ Spencer Davis track like I'm a Man, Gimme some Lovin, or Won't Somebody Help Me.

If she can belt these out and move onstage, and the Rhythm Section is kick ass- people will eat it up ESPECIALLY if you play like you don't give a %^&*, NOT like a lightweight Lounge Act.

More obvious Legs- ZZ TOP, Foxey Lady, Hot Legs Rod Stewart, some of the Classier Tina Turner Stuff.

• Members

Leader Of The Pack

If she can do Heart, she can do Zep, how about Custard Pie? It might come off a little "Rainbow Flag", but, hey!

Rock out that Stevie Nicks tune, One Winged Dove, guitar friendly changes. You could turn it into All Along The Watchtower.

BTW, you guys are dwarfing her, how about backing up a bit, say Cleveland?

• Members

Heartbreaker, I Love Rock & Roll, Call Me (or anything by Blondie), Love Shack, Lovefool (the Cardigans), Manic Monday or anything by the Bangles, I Get Weak (Belinda Carlisle), something by the Go Gos...

I guess it depends if she's more of a pop singer or more of a rock singer, though.

• Members

Leader Of The Pack

If she can do Heart, she can do Zep, how about Custard Pie? It might come off a little "Rainbow Flag", but, hey!

Rock out that Stevie Nicks tune, One Winged Dove, guitar friendly changes. You could turn it into All Along The Watchtower.

BTW, you guys are dwarfing her, how about backing up a bit, say Cleveland?

LOL she's about 5' tall and a 100 lbs, might have to back up to somewhere in Canada.

Archived