"Introducing the Fender Blacktop Series"

fuzztone

• Members
It's already been confirmed by multiple dealers/people who work at dealers online, as well as by Fender email replies. They're real and they're coming out in September - supposedly the ship date is September 1st.

I'm dying to see some shots of the Sunburst Jazzy.
:love:

Oh my, Oh my......

That silver jag has my name on it.....

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I talked to my local dealer and he really didn't know more that what has already been posted. He didn't know the country of origin. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

We'd know the country of origin if the pictures had the part numbers for the guitars. The first three numbers tell you where it's from.

010 and 011 are MIA

013 is MIM

025 is MIJ/CIJ

I can't remember Korea off the top of my head right now. It might be 026

• Members

Yeah, he said possibly Mexico or China, but he didn't know for sure. I'm in if it's Mexico, if made in China, not so sure, usually the necks on Chinese Fenders are too small for me.

Doesn't the fact that it says "Fender" (not "Squier") on the headstock mean it's either MIA, CIJ or MIM?

D

• Members

Doesn't the fact that it says "Fender" (not "Squier") on the headstock mean it's either MIA, CIJ or MIM?

D

...or Korea for some of the Special Edition series that were out a couple years back (Showmasters, Lite Ash, etc.). As far as electrics go, anything branded Fender (not Squier by Fender, and not including acoustics and "folk" instruments) would exclude Chinese-made guitars.

• Members

I'll buy that for a dollar...

Seriously, the Strat and Tele look interesting... I can't afford the Jim Root models, but they'd be cool to start, eventually replacing the duncan design humbuckers with EMGs. Only problem with the tele is the control lay out... the Root has a single volume in a better place for volume swells and the like.

• Members

Seriously, the Strat and Tele look interesting... I can't afford the Jim Root models, but they'd be cool to start, eventually replacing the duncan design humbuckers with EMGs. Only problem with the tele is the control lay out... the Root has a single volume in a better place for volume swells and the like.

A custom control plate surely can't be that expensive. :idk:

At $450, these things are a modder's dream.

• Members

According to the specs, the only one with Duncan-designed pickups is the Jazzmaster. The rest have Fender Hot Rod Vintage pups.

• Members

D

Not necessarily. Remember the Lite Ash teles and strats (as well as the Koa, etc.)? Those were MIK. :poke:

• Members
They're wound very differently, and the entire construction is different.

A JM Pup is similar in construction to a Strat pickup, but with a wide, thin bobbin.

P90 uses a bar magnet with screws. It's wound thinner and taller.

Entirely different beasts. How so many confuse them is beyond me.

And an entirely different kind of pickup.
:wave:

What is the difference in sound then?

• Members
A custom control plate surely can't be that expensive.
:idk:

At $450, these things are a modder's dream.

Actually, there's no control plate on the Root models. They have a back cavity (like a Super-Strat) and are drilled for 1 volume and a 3 pos switch... But yeah, I'd mod the fark out of that biocsch.:thu:

• Members

Meh. I'm sure they'll sell by the bucketload, so props to Fender, but for me personally, nah. I do not lubs teh humbucker. For realz. The Strat, though, could have potential - if they did it with a maple board, a couple of HB sized p90s would drop in nicely....

Guarantee there wont be a left handed version of ANY of those things! Which blows goats!

Well, they're not really my thing, so it don't bother me much, but there have been plenty of models I'd have loved, Squier and Fender both, that they didn't do lefty. My next bass will be a non-Fender simply because I can't get a lefty version of the Fender I want.

• Members

I do not lubs teh humbucker. For realz. The Strat, though, could have potential - if they did it with a maple board, a couple of HB sized p90s would drop in nicely....

If you read the specsheet details for the Strat, a Maple Board is an option.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived