Out of these 5 guitars what would you pick?

noah76

• Members

I'm looking for a new guitar and narrowed it down to these five guitars.

1)G&L Legacy s/s/h

2)Ernie Ball MusicMan Silhouette h/s/h

3)Ernie Ball MusicMan Axis Supersport

4)Gibson SG standard

5)Carvin CT

I played them all but the Carvin.I really loved the MusicMan necks. I have a MM JP6 and I really like that guitar. I play mostly metal and hardrock if that helps. I would like to keep the price of the guitar around or under $1500. I'm also open to other guitars. Thanks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since you already have the MMJP6, I would add something a bit different.

I'd go for a Carvin... especially if you found one used for a great deal... but if you order new you'll have a variety of neck, bridge, wood and other options that you could dial in for your needs.

I personally like the solid white or black for "metal"... a Floyd Rose if you like that sort of thing... and stainless steel frets!

But that's just me... you can order what you want.

M

• Members

maybe just for fun.

I guess so :idk: Like I said, if I were in his shoes I'd pick a guitar that I personally like and would complement what I already have. He already has an MM JP6 which I think is quite nice. If I were him and had a budget of spending up to $1500, I would get the new (Korean build) Variax.

• Members

Thanks for everyones opinion here. Its fun seeing what everyone has to say. It looks like alot of people like the SG. Seems like I'm going to be spending more time playing the SG and Silhouette and picking what plays and sounds best to me. I wish I could play a Carvin before buying.

Anything to look out for QC wise on the SG?

Archived