Great songs spoiled by terrible parts?

kirs

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Beatles... Best band ever. But the {censored}ing "beeb beep, beep beep, yeah!" in Drive My Car makes me want to go back in time and just sit in the studio while they're recording that bit and just :facepalm: for all to see.

Then I'd smoke a joint of some 21st century holy-{censored}-I'm-tripping weed with them to smooth things over.

• Members

All of 2112 is brilliant, mate... sorry :cop:

Anyway, I'd say any song that abruptly breaks off and does some weird {censored}, Whole Lotta Love being an easy example. A good example for me is Echoes by Pink Floyd. It's still one of my favorite songs, when I'm in the mood for it, but the middle whale call wah-plugged-in-backwards nonsense is just ridiculous. I'd see that if it was when Syd Barrett was still at the helm, but this was a good while after...

• Members

whole lotta love is freaking awesome. wtf are you guys smoking. Thats called building up to the solo. I remember being a little kid that right/left panning scared the {censored} out of me, Ive been a Page fan ever since I was like 5 when I heard my older brother playing that {censored}. theremins ftw/

• Members

I like the choir in the Stones song and the outro to Layla.:idk:

And this was originally an Argent tune off the In Deep album that came out when I was in high school and didn't have the part you refer to. I didn't know Kiss ever covered it. I enjoyed it as a kid.

[YOUTUBE]QsG5V-o6uxY[/YOUTUBE]

For me the part of The Boxer" where it sounds like they are slamming down a Super Reverb with the reverb dimed while they sing "Lie la lie..." is a case of massively uneccessary overproduction. And bizarre sounding. As is the thing that sounds like a harmonica played through a fuzz face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdKjEHfHINQ

[YOUTUBE]AdKjEHfHINQ[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Doobie Brothers Black Water = Awesome.

Train's I Got You = Dog {censored}.

I have to hear Train's abortion of a song on a daily basis at work. I start getting a little psyched hearing "Old black Water..." and quickly realize it's the Train wreck version. What right did these douche nozzles have to torture us with such a {censored} version of classic song? {censored} You Train! {censored} You!

• Members

The first song that comes to mind which doesn't really have any guitar in it but it still sticks out is Lionel Ritchie's Say You Say Me. Beautiful song but there's a part about 3 minutes in that almost single handedly ruins the song even though it's only 20 seconds long. It's like a dance breakdown in the middle of this pretty song, it bothered me even as a kid.

[YOUTUBE]we0mk_J0zyc[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Another vote for Layla outro.

I've always hated part of that... I mean, I actually think the songs works really well with the piano bit. I really do think it fits in a strange sort of way - it's a brave departure, and it works for me.

However: I am not a fan of the dueling slide guitars. I just cannot stand how out of tune they are. One slide would've been fine.

Archived