Thanks to HCEG I have all of this stuff....

nuke_diver

• Members

Pretty sweet rig you've got there. I had one of those FMT Teles similar to your Tele and loved it, but it just wasn't what I was looking for, so I flipped it for a profit.

VERY interested in the Transatlantic. How clean does it stay towards the top of the volume range if you want it to stay clean?

I've messed with it a couple times in the store, but I tend to not crank 'em up too loud. My concern would be not enough clean headroom while staying clean.

Maybe next time I'm at one of the shops that have them, I'll take it in the little Egnater room and see what it can really do.

I see your mic there... I'd love to hear some clean or low gain tones you're getting out of it.

• Members

And there it is

Richard, the Acoustics predate HCEG...in fact are quite old but I wasn't very good then...and still am not...but I owe you a take I think...maybe this weekend if I have time otherwise won't be until the new year

Yup BG Pure 90's in the tele. was a Blackout blowen out from MF for $249. My Crate V18 is also a HCEG find (closeout sale from MF for $149). I also have BG V60's in the strat but the strat I got before I joined HCEG (or about the same time) as I moved from acoustic only (and barely) to electric. Both guitars play great :thu: The tele might be my favourite guitar to record, I love those pickups.

Cratz The Transaltantic is a great an very verstile amp. On the normal setting channel 1 it really never breaks up at all on any setting I've tried. So it gets pretty loud but of all the 5 settings that is the quietest. I think this clip is on the top boost channel which isn't as squeaky clean as the normal channel. IIRC correctly I have a bit of delay on it and recorded with middle/neck on my strat which was a first for me. I ain't that good so you'll have to ignore the playing...but also thanks to HCEG I'm much better than I was

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9850185

• Members

Thanks man... I'll check it out a little bit more next time I'm in the shop.

I've been holding out hopes of landing a low-ish powered Dr Z head for under $1,000 but if that's doesn't materialize by April or so, I'll probably get the Transatlantic.

• Members

The Mini-Z head is only $799.

Well, I want something with a little more oomph than that. I really like the Rx Jr. I've played a few other Zs, but the Rx really blew me away. And the guy that had it also had a Brake Lite attached to it... VERY impressive. But I've only seen two of them used since then and they were both red.

• Members

And there it is

Richard, the Acoustics predate HCEG...in fact are quite old but I wasn't very good then...and still am not...but I owe you a take I think...maybe this weekend if I have time otherwise won't be until the new year

Yup BG Pure 90's in the tele. was a Blackout blowen out from MF for $249. My Crate V18 is also a HCEG find (closeout sale from MF for $149). I also have BG V60's in the strat but the strat I got before I joined HCEG (or about the same time) as I moved from acoustic only (and barely) to electric. Both guitars play great
:thu:
The tele might be my favourite guitar to record, I love those pickups.

Cratz The Transaltantic is a great an very verstile amp. On the normal setting channel 1 it really never breaks up at all on any setting I've tried. So it gets pretty loud but of all the 5 settings that is the quietest. I think this clip is on the top boost channel which isn't as squeaky clean as the normal channel. IIRC correctly I have a bit of delay on it and recorded with middle/neck on my strat which was a first for me. I ain't that good so you'll have to ignore the playing...but also thanks to HCEG I'm much better than I was

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9850185

Nice tones dere. Sounds just like a strat! The TA can rock it too can it not? Played one in the store and was mucho impressed.

• Members

Oh, I just now understand the idea of the thread. Ok, thanks to HCEG, my chops are down compared to what they could be. If I had invested half my time here on practicing time, I'd be eons ahead in my playing.
:o

I'm on HCEG at work :poke: that's my secret :D

Hey Richey, the HT1 (Marshall) and HT2 (Boogie) settings rock very well. Not Metal gain but certainly Sabbath levels. Sounds killer (to me) playing something like Ball and Chain with the gain about noon using the tele. Been using the Boogie setting to play Interstate Love song (which I learned thanks to you) and it sounds pretty good as well

Archived