Wood experts, what kind of cap does this look like?

Into Nation

• Members

Hard to guess from that, I would say maple, and that dark line on top is probably the same flame veneer they use from their transparent/burst finishes. My guess is they just paint the gold over the same body they use for their other archtops.

• Members
How does it sound?

What pups r in it? is there any chance you can repaint it a better color
:)

Sounds like P90's, the stock ones that it came with. I guess I'm not too particular as every P90 I've ever played I liked. Gonna skip a repaint job for now. :wave:

The frets are really nice, no buzzing no sharp edges etc. The neck feels exactly like the PRS fat/wide profile. These were in the deals thread from worldmusicsupply. They had a bunch selling for $189, but some people got them even cheaper. :o

• Members

I put some fresh strings on and it now has a lot more 'snap' on the low E. I'm no expert, but that's one thing I've noticed with maple vs. mahog or alder. Looks like maple, sounds like it - so I'm going with maple. :idea:

Also (for anyone that bought one of these) the stock strings were 10's - I used a micrometer, but man they were stiff. I put Elixirs on and it now feels like 10's. But, I'm getting some buzz. Might need a truss tweak, but I'm going to wait a day.

Archived