NGD - Gibson Les Paul 2007 Guitar of the Week 33

paulisme

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very Very sweet.

Hows it sound?

I sometimes gig a '72 Les Paul Custom '54 RI with P90/Alnico pickups, and thats all mahogany and it's a very dark sounding guitar.

Play it hard!

HNGD.

:thu:

The sound is a little dark, but that's what I was hoping for as a balance to the super-bright Strat tones I've been using. I think the fact that it's chambered helps a little. I've been hearing Clapton's tone from the Blues Breakers album in my head for months now, and this gets actually gets me the closest I've ever been (and probably ever will get).

• Members

Having finally convinced my wife I needed a Les Paul, I took a trip to the local Guitar Center where I happened upon this beauty. I took one look and had to have it. It's a Les Paul Classic Antique and was Guitar of the Week for week 33 of 2007. This one feels like it was made just for me: satin finish, thin neck, light chambered body, and interesting quirks like a mahogany top and vintage Gibson logo. I've never seen another guitar like it, which is probably because there's only 400 of them in the world. It plays like a dream.

You can find the specs here:
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/LP_Classic_Antique_M_Wk33/

And of course, here are some pictures. I think it looks way better than the one on the Gibson web site. It's just stunning.

kf4ete.jpg

Check out the incredible mahogany grain (those are not the original knobs; there were some ugly aftermarket black knobs on it, so the salesperson swapped them out for some classic Gibson-type gold knobs):

dg7abl.jpg

And the vintage Gibson logo on the headstock:

33bcwud.jpg

11avqmc.jpg

In its case:

1hqcuc.jpg

Wow, that is an awesome axe. I missed that one when they came out. I'd love that with some creme P-90's in it.

• Members

I am so jealous!! I've seen that guitar around for a while now and have wanted one bad!!

I had the chance to get one off Ebay about a year ago B.I.N. for $1400 and I passed cause I didn't have the cash and I didn't want to put it on my credit card. :cry:

That is one of the coolest Gibson Les Pauls EVER! :thu:

Congrats!

Archived