Electric Guitarists, What's Your Go To 6 String Acoustic Guitar?

Bbreaker

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My 84 Japanese Ibanez AE 405-TV. If acoustic stuff sounds good on that guitar, it will on just about any other. Plus, I've just grown really fond of it over time. I can't imagine ever selling it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=330374&d=129

It's the one in front of the Strat... if that wasn't obvious. :p

The pickguard wasn't factory. I added that, though in retrospect I probably should have gone with tortoise instead of black, as the purfling is trimmed in tortoise as well as the rosette.

• Members

1970s Suzuki 'Three'. I don't know much about - solid back and sides, laminated top - but a nice one - it's really loud and resonant for a laminate. I think Martin let them copy their style under license.

P9180034.jpg

The back is a lovely inlaid three-piece (because one or two large pieces of wood cost too much at the time!)

P9180040.jpg

Nice guitar. I'm saving for a Martin or similar though :thu:

• Members

I know you said 6 string but this is my main acoustic

LanikaiS-B__81642_zoom.jpg&sa=X&ei=95wwT

ita a Lanikai S-B, solid spruce top Baritone Ukulele, Except It has been restrung and tuned as a Venezuelan Cuatro, out of my current instruments, this thing is my favorite to play.

• Members

Fender F-15 1st guitar and given to me by my late Mom so I'll never sell it. And it plays fine, not like a $2K Martin or Taylor but good enough for me. The front's got some crack in the finish, I punched a big hole in the side when a picture fell off the wall and hit it, my dog scratched it to stop me from playing :facepalm: and I've personally banged it up and dropped numerous things on it while camping etc.

I still love it

SixstringAcoustic.jpg

• Members

This one, a vintage Harmony Broadway. Loud as hell, yet classy. Not as rich sounding as a flattop acoustic, but very heavy in the midrange and good for cutting through an acoustic jam. I've since removed the pickguard, since it's not original anyway.

DSC05405-1.jpg

....looking at the other pics in this thread, I really need a better shot of this...

Archived