New Whitesnake video!

scolfax

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's about soulful playing to me and Blackmore has 'got it'. Although these guys may have better chops and a more modern sound, I don't get as much out of their playing as I get from Ritchie.

+1000. Kind of how Blackmore still sounds more interesting than Yngwie even though Yngwie plays much faster. I'd still take Yngwie over Reb Beach or Doug Aldrich for tone and just badassery.

• Members

i would disagree about the Axl comment. I think his voice has gotten much better over the years. I've seen the 'New' GnR twice the last few years and his range is very impressive.

A tad off topic but does anyone know what Key Mistreated is in? I think it's on either the first or second page of this topic. Thanks!

Mistreated is in F# minor.

• Members

i would disagree about the Axl comment. I think his voice has gotten much better over the years. I've seen the 'New' GnR twice the last few years and his range is very impressive.

You may be right, considering I've only heard him twice. I saw him once live when touring with Aerosmith and several years ago on MTV and was disappointed both times.

• Moderators

He struggles with his voice live. Def doesn't have the range anymore. The voice is hot/cold depending on the night.

Agreed, but not many could match his range when he was at his best, and although Plant outsripped Coverdales actual range, Coverdale was able to slip seamlessley into falsettos that makes his songs pretty damn hard to sing.....I baulked at a lot of Coverdales stuff, but less at Plants when my voice was good

• Members

Sounds like he's doing his best to recreate the Sykes style playing. Good players in that band, but I hear nothing but a poor imitation of John Sykes. It doesn't help that the song is pretty weak.

This. Aldrich is a hell of a player but there is only one John Sykes. I'm not sure anyone has ever recorded a better heavy rock guitar tone.

• Members

Ok what's the secret to embed youtube videos now?

While I'm a very big fan of both, I have to go with Coverdale's version here. Dio had a more impressive range and more impressive technique overall, but Coverdale does the bluesy thing a bit better i.m.o. of course. Dio had him beat otherwise.

Archived