New Whitesnake video!

scolfax

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Posers? Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach are pretty well known and respected as certified badasses.

they may be badasses, but someone's trying to sound a heck of a like like Sykes. just sayin'. The fact is that as great a singer as Coverdale is, he's never written as good as songs, or been as godly as when Sykes was on the fiddle. Not a big fan of Reb, tapping gives me gas.

• Members

they may be badasses, but someone's trying to sound a heck of a like like Sykes. just sayin'. The fact is that as great a singer as Coverdale is, he's never written as good as songs, or been as godly as when Sykes was on the fiddle. Not a big fan of Reb, tapping gives me gas.

Apparently he and Sykes just don't get along. You have to think that if they did John would have been on board through the success of the Whitesnake album and subsequent releases. John wanted more control and Coverdale wanted a collaborator to work with, not against. Clearly David still loves John's style, but doesn't want or need to work with him to get it (or a an approximation thereof).

• Members

Posers? Doug Aldrich and Reb Beach are pretty well known and respected as certified badasses.

I referred to them as 'posers' because that is what they were doing in the Whitesnake video where Ritchie was actually playing the guitar live in the Purple video that, to me, seemed much more genuine in many ways.

My apologies if anyone was insulted by my choice of words.

• Members

Is anyone really complaining about the guitar work on this song? It's awesome!

It's about soulful playing to me and Blackmore has 'got it'. Although these guys may have better chops and a more modern sound, I don't get as much out of their playing as I get from Ritchie.

• Members

Wow! That took me back in time by 25 years!

I love Coverdale's singing with Deep Purple and the early Whitesnake records are really great, but this is a bit, well, hmmmm.... And I'm one of the few people left who unashamedly listens to pretty much nothing but classic rock.

Ah, it's alright I suppose. I'd probably go see them if they toured anywhere near me.

• Members

Jeez, what a tough crowd. I liked it and I'm not a Whitesnake fan (I've made more than my fair share of jokes in the past). Thought it had a great hook, nice fills, great beat and as for lyrics; well they're supposed to be simple and cheezy...that's the point of this genre.

I like Doug's playing and style a lot and I've just recently gotten to know about Reb Beach as more than the guy in Winger. It's not top 40 material, but if you are looking for this kind of music and have worn out your collection and want something new to listen to I think that it's a homerun.

And yes, pole dancers are always a plus.

• Members

P.S.- Doug Aldrich makes his own line of pickups? Or is it simply a line of pickups with his name by some other company? Wasn't really clear on that. And as far as my 2 cents i loved the guitar tone on the last album. Very articulate with great overdrive.

• Members

I think The Aldrich is a monster of a player...I could only dream of ever being that good! YEah he's deffinitely got The Sykes vibe down, but then again I'm a fan of him too!

I have a Suhr Aldrich in the bridge of my LP Std.....can't play mind you....but I've got the pickup! hahaha

• Members

P.S.- Doug Aldrich makes his own line of pickups? Or is it simply a line of pickups with his name by some other company? Wasn't really clear on that. And as far as my 2 cents i loved the guitar tone on the last album. Very articulate with great overdrive.

From what it looks like Suhr makes a DA signature pickup....and it sounds pretty frickin sweet, but then again he could probably play just about anything and make it sound great.

• Members

Sounds great; definitely a classic 80's sound...love it. I really liked the last album and the tag team of Reb and Doug is always cool. I do miss Sykes, though.....Damn, I also wish he'd put Blue Murder back together (his solo stuff just isn't as good). Keep in mind too that Doug has his Suhr pups and Reb is palying a Suhr guitar...it's a double dose!

• Members

I'll be honest. I came in to this thread expecting something pretty weak, but...damn, that was a GOOD rock song! One of WS' better songs in a very, very long time. Doug Aldrich's tone.... *drool* Even when I saw them live a couple years ago, Aldrich sounds like a monster. Other than Gary Moore (RIP), Aldrich epitomizes the ultimate Les Paul/Marshall sound.

• Members

i would disagree about the Axl comment. I think his voice has gotten much better over the years. I've seen the 'New' GnR twice the last few years and his range is very impressive.

A tad off topic but does anyone know what Key Mistreated is in? I think it's on either the first or second page of this topic. Thanks!

Archived