UNEXPECTED NGD!!! PRS Standard 24 w/birds

Johansolo

• Members

i havent had a NGD in a long time. ive been looking for a set neck mahogany 24 fret for a while now but couldnt gel with any expensive facny pants flame/quilt top new CU24s, as im so used to my 1990 CE24 (alder body maple top plain jane small heel)

but alas...i found this and took it home today!

1994 PRS Standard 24

stand24stand.jpg

s24standbody.jpg

standard24body.jpg

stand24.jpg

pics with the CE24

twoPRSside.jpg

now i just have to find a johny hiland sig (mmm maple fretboard)

• Members

Yeah, that's very nice. Quite elegant with its simplicity.
:thu:

Looks like more of a players' guitar that way..

yup! exactly!

i've owned one fancypants flamed maple cap guitar before...and boy do cosmetic damage really hurt it (emotionally and resale)

but yeah...this ones got a nice grain(hard to see in pics) and the wife has named her toffee apple

shes barely legal(17yrs old) but hte black CE24 (which you cant tell in the pics) is a 21 year old, well played out/worn out whore

• Members

RE the dirty fretboardheres a disgusting "before pic"

P1010765.jpg

its was pretty bad, but my CE24 was worse when i rescued it...the frets looked like it had green/mould on it,

same with my american deluxe strat, which i also rescued from some punk rocker...luckily maple fretboard was easier to clean

after

P1010767.jpg

P1010776.jpg

P1010790.jpg

P1010799.jpg

• Members

Beautiful. I have a CE22 and a CE24 with maple tops. I found the 24 at Guitar Center during one of their Memorial Day blowout sales when they were cleaning out stuff that had been hiding around the shop for awhile. $1000.

prsce22-24.jpg

I really like the looks of your guitar. It's classy and looks like a serious player rather than a piece of furniture. Enjoy it! What pickups did those have?

• Members

Beautiful. I have a CE22 and a CE24 with maple tops. I found the 24 at Guitar Center during one of their Memorial Day blowout sales when they were cleaning out stuff that had been hiding around the shop for awhile. $1000.

prsce22-24.jpg

I really like the looks of your guitar. It's classy and looks like a serious player rather than a piece of furniture. Enjoy it! What pickups did those have?

Ditto! But yeah, I like workhorses,...and whilst I'd love a fancy ten top...i dont think I could enjoy it, until it gets a scar...but then...its ruined in my eyes.

The are hfsvintage bass...but the black ce24 has sd custom5jazz pups in place.

Not sure if ill keep the hfs in the red....ive never been a fan of ceramic magnets

Archived