Today, a guy told me that people who buy more than one good guitar got no talent

Frets99

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's my favorite band.

I'd like to see more of the crowd, just for their reaction.

My guess is there were ~50 in the audience... three of them were looking at each other with a 'WTF?' look on their faces and everyone else was clueless to the tragedy that was occurring mere feet in front of them.

:lol:

• Members

here's another hack, has to be compensating for something. I've heard him and he's no good at 8 fingered tapping and making motor bike noises with the whammy bar. Maybe it's just Les Paul players. Looks like he's got himself a 60's tribute down the front right there.

Slash_GuitarCollection.jpg

• Members

For the record I own 16 guitars....

Some history of my experiences with other activities...

I played Div1 tennis

I play to a low single digit in Golf

GENERALLY, the people cared the most about their equipment were the crappiest players....

by the same token

no one golfs with just a putter ;-)

• Members

funny how the photos posted show dudes with pretty much the same guitars (all of whom are rich rockstars) but the overwhelming argument is for different "tones."

gimme a {censored}in break. unless you're in some crappy cover band, you only need your own "tone." and if you're in some crappy cover band ... well, god help you. that must be incredibly boring.

• Members

ill tell you what sonny, you fix that sloppy, stumbly, out of time intro on "that think you like" from your bands website THEN you can tell me how many guitars and what bands im allowed.

Nothing is worse than the hotshot know it all guitarist (that isnt half as good as they think they are)

• Members

ill tell you what sonny, you fix that sloppy, stumbly, out of time intro on "that think you like" from your bands website THEN you can tell me how many guitars and what bands im allowed.

Nothing is worse than the hotshot know it all guitarist (that isnt half as good as they think they are)

what's funny is i'm not playing guitar on that, but an emmy winning songwriter/player is. we think of it as the colonel's "style" as he likes to push and pull time. i just try to keep with the meter. and people like it a lot. that's one of the songs we get the best reaction from.

and if you want to get all 7th grade up in here, his jerry reed style hybrid picking will pwn anyone i've ever heard on this board, and i been here a long time. much respect to the fine players around here - of which there are many, but they ain't the colonel.

but thanks for listening!

• Members
and hope the new guitars will make them play better.
:eek:

I would have punched him right in the beezer with my talentless hands
:mad:
.... but I had a Musicians Friend catalog in em at the time....
:o

He's way off base. Freud proved long ago it's a mental illness with something to do about sex. :wave:

• Members
and hope the new guitars will make them play better.
:eek:

I would have punched him right in the beezer with my talentless hands
:mad:
.... but I had a Musicians Friend catalog in em at the time....
:o

Why would YOU have punched him? You only have one good guitar don't you - and plenty of talent?

Me, on the other hand, lots of good guitars...and I wouldn't have punched him but I may have 'dropped' a cabinet or something on him.

Why would YOU have punched him? You only have one good guitar don't you - and plenty of talent?

Me, on the other hand, lots of good guitars...and I wouldn't have punched him but I may have 'dropped' a cabinet or something on him.

:D

Generalizations make the world go round and certainly spark passionate internet discussions. :o Sociology is pretty much the study of generalizations. Generalizations are useful enough until you start believing that a Puerto Rican from Brooklyn can't possibly love to play bluegrass.... :eek:

Archived