NGD~ Oh, Annie...!

GreatDane

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gretsch is the one brand that could pull off those color combinations (love it). I had a 59 double anni I bought when I was 16 for all of $150 ($75 cash and $75 trade in for Gibson Melody Maker). Sold it 34 years later as I was moving to Asia and thought would come unglued... WAH! This makes me miss it more than my first girlfriend!

• Members

Wow.

I haven't been here a lot lately and missed this. That is an uncommon gem. If she plays as good as she looks and sounds, you really have something special there. Congrats!

Hi-Lo Trons....one of the better kept secrects in vintage pups, IMHO.

• Members

About a month ago, a guy brought a '64 country gentleman into the store, wanting to sell.

Almost looked unplayed, had the string damper pad intact & all.

I almost choked with lust over it, but alas, had nowhere close to the several thou$s he was asking. :/

• Members

Gretsch is the one brand that could pull off those color combinations (love it). I had a 59 double anni I bought when I was 16 for all of $150 ($75 cash and $75 trade in for Gibson Melody Maker). Sold it 34 years later as I was moving to Asia and thought would come unglued... WAH! This makes me miss it more than my first girlfriend!

thank you! wow, that must have been a cool guitar to have for 34 years. i can't even remember my first girlfriend, but i do remember my first guitar :)

• Members

About a month ago, a guy brought a '64 country gentleman into the store, wanting to sell.

Almost looked unplayed, had the string damper pad intact & all.

I almost choked with lust over it, but alas, had nowhere close to the several thou$s he was asking. :/

wow, meandi- sounds like a real museum piece walked in that day. i will say this gretsch cost no where near what that guy was looking for for his.

• Members

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude
:love:

Looks and sounds {censored}ing fantastic. Simply beautiful playing as well. That whole minor key jam was just outstanding. I am currently really pissed at my job and it's helping. Mmmmmm.

HNGD!

Gah! Abrupt ending. Damn.

hey, thank you! and thank you for listening. i literally only had a few minutes to get something on tape so vamped a quick little riff in Am and then slopped some lead on top. not my best work, but i figured i owed you guys and gals something beyond pics.

• Members

That's the EXACT guitar I've been gassing for in the EXACT color. Amazing! :thu:

When I saw the case, I thought to myself, oh {censored}. This is going to be a green Double.

You and I have eerily similar taste...and my favorite collection just got one better.

HNGD!

• Members

That's the EXACT guitar I've been gassing for in the EXACT color. Amazing!
:thu:

When I saw the case, I thought to myself, oh {censored}. This is going to be a green Double.

You and I have eerily similar taste...and my favorite collection just got one better.

HNGD!

haha~ thank you, GH! you know me all too well at this point.

• Members

{censored}ing fantastic! My buddy used to have one of those - it was pretty killer. Absolutely my favorite color combo of all time :cool:

Here's my double anni when I was 17.... note Farfisa organ and desert boots.

...I have one of those Farfisas ha ha. Don't see 'em in pictures on here much, that's for sure :D But, ahem, back to the Gretsch :cop:

Archived