Hey, you guys wanna take a peak at the new LP Studio I just ordered? Furbirst

GAS Man

• Members

This is the exact piece I ordered today.

104710351-body-l.jpg

104710351-front-l.jpg

104710351-detail1-l.jpg

104710351-detail2-l.jpg

104710351-detail3-l.jpg

104710351-detail4-l.jpg

I've had a hankering for a Fireburst for some time even though it may be one of the more over the top finishes, but it's just so happy :D

I have a couple other Studios in the stable (an '83 CSE, BFG Studio and Robot) but I wanted a guitar that would be a good receptacle for a set of Seth Lover 50th Anniversary p'ups I bought a few years back. Originally I was going to put them in the '83 Custom Shop LP Studio, but then I decided that new chrome covers would clash with the old nickel hardware and that guitar may have the fabled (and if so then over-rated) Tim Shaw pickups in it. So I've been thinking about an appropriate home for the Seth Lovers for some time and didn't have anything at home that was either worthy or that I'd be willing to pull out the stock p'ups.

So I'm basically buying this for a mod platform and to get my Fireburst fix.

Just part of the affliction, but thought I'd share.

Oh, and this one is only 7lbs 10oz so it should be a nice resonant platform for the SLs. Almost like splitting the difference between installing them in a solid body or semi-hollow.

• Members

Maybe not my first choice, but I'd sure be glad to give it a go, esp with the Seth Lovers!

I've been playing my Hamer 335 type with Seth Lovers all evening and man that neck pickup sounds all kinds of tasty!

HNGD.

• Members

Maybe not my first choice, but I'd sure be glad to give it a go, esp with the Seth Lovers!

I've been playing my Hamer 335 type with Seth Lovers all evening and man that neck pickup sounds all kinds of tasty!

HNGD.

Yeah, I've heard nothing but good about those pickups and here I've been for maybe 5 years or so with an anniversary set of them sitting in a drawer never deciding on a home for them. So I finally pulled the trigger, putting myself deeper into GAS/$/obligation, but now I'll have a suitable platform to install them into for good. Next question w/b, what do I do with a spare set of chrome covered 490R/498T. I figure either ebay, HCEG SPAM or put them into one of my two SG Specials. I do have a Faded SG that I'm putting a Bigsby onto, so a set of chrome covered 490/498 might be a nice touch.:idea:

• Members

woo hoo!

Plain tops are
the girl next door
of guitars.

Yeah, thanks. And I like the little bit of figuring that plain top has. It has a bit of grain line going for it and there's almost a tiny touch of birds-eye figuring going on between the pickups.

Sweetwater had two to pick from and this other one was just a bit more plain and 6 ounces heavier.

104510430-body-l.jpg

104510430-detail2-l.jpg

So the one I picked (posted in the OP) just has a tad bit more figuring going on (plus lighter). Embracing the chambering demons. :lol:

• Members

Thanks DC. They are my preferred shop as well. Especially since "no sales tax" (unlike MF & GC for me). And they shave off a few bills for me since I'm a regular GAS-aholic with them.

I'm thinking I'll add it to this particular family photo of mine.

FireAutumnBursts.jpg

The Supreme on the right is actually an "Autumn Burst" but they are so close aren't they?

But I think it will be like a Goldilocks thing for me. The Supreme too fat, the Nighthawk too slim, but the Studio with the Seth Lovers (hopefully) will be "just right". ;)

Archived