Richard Gere's Guitars

Bookumdano2

• Members

I was looking around for awhile to see what his collection contained. Wow, 117 of em!!

This is kinda interesting. Never knew Gere as a musician so it's cool to hear his take on his guitars.. and to mention bands I used to go see as a teen such as Buffalo Springfield-

• Members

I bet this video will drive up his insurance rates....

Except, he gave all of them to Christies to auction off for charity last month. I think every single one of them sold and over a mil was generated. Seems I saw $93,000 being the price one of the sold guitars.

He had tons of amps in that deal too although I've not yet found out what they were.

Wonder if he's now starting a new collection.

I see he's also a keyboard player and playing pretty well in the few videos I've seen. Who knows what stacks of keyboards and modules are stashed in all his houses.

• Members

Great videos, thanks for posting. He was at a Tibetan Buddhist teaching & meditation retreat I attended a few months back, and was simply another person there, didn't act or get treated in any special way. Seemed like a humble, cool and nice person. Gere has done a lot to raise awareness about and help the Tibetan people.

• Members

Great videos, thanks for posting. He was at a Tibetan Buddhist teaching & meditation retreat I attended a few months back, and was simply another person there, didn't act or get treated in any special way. Seemed like a humble, cool and nice person. Gere has done a lot to raise awareness about and help the Tibetan people.

At the Tibetan events I've seen him attend, he's been the same way, just acting like another person and being humble. Sometimes he comes across like a bit of a fruitcake when speaking about this during awards ceremonies, and I don't know how much that channel awareness of human rights abuses in Tibet, but at least he seems genuinely concerned about the cause and does more than his part to help out.

Archived