Fed up of shred bashing?

Knottyhed

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing wrong with shred guitar stuff. It like black and death metal and even electronica dance music isnt as popular as more conservative music simply cause more people are into conservative. Me I'm not. I prefer more out there music.

• Members

OK - here's my take on it.

It's pretty easy to make excuses for a lack of drive and determination to be the best you can possibily be on your instrument and just claim you play with "feeling". Unless you're writing brilliant songs you just play badly, if you're writing brilliant songs, then f*9k off to the song writing forum and stop pretending to know anything about playing guitar
:p

I've heard plenty of souless blues players and plenty of souless rock/indy/grunge players. At least a souless shred player can impress people with his guitar ability. What the hell is wrong with wanting to attain a virtuoso level of skill on the guitar?

Shred images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1lGSXLiyNTI7xm0ik1hq"to be the best you can possibly be on your instrument"

Just saying...

• Members

Here's a thought: Can shred be properly played without any effects? I mean, you can play an old stones song or a bob dylan song on an acoustic guitar or a clean electric. But what would shred sound like on either of those? If it wouldn't sound good, the comparisons to virtuoso violinists are moot.

Django Reinhardt was shredding (with 2 fingers) on an acoustic long before our current Paganini's of the fretboard.

/shred/shred/shred/

[video=youtube;LoIJ4W7kXiQ]

Archived