Please allow me to introduce myself...

Happy Ending

• Members

Just call me GAS Man

Cause Im in need of some restraint

But I'm surprised no one has commented on the MIJ Squier yet. That's a coveted ax my man!

So if you meet me

Have some courtesy

Have some sympathy, and some taste

Use all your well-learned politesse

And offer me a good price on that one. ;)

• Members

Dig the understated PRS

Thanks. I seriously dislike the super flamey finishes. Looks a lot better "in the flesh" versus the pic. Got a pretty good deal on it on Ebay - mainly cause the person who wrote the description was not the actual seller (apparently both were ignorant as to what the actual model was). It was misidentified as a McCarty Korina - the description probably cut and pasted from PRS or dealer website. I'm sure the fumble in the listing made a lot of would-be buyers concerned over what they might be getting. I did some basic research and couldn't find any reference to a 94 McCarty Korina finished opaque. ...and it certainly does have the maple cap - with cap finished clear around the edges giving the appearance of maple binding.

The seller/original owner was a well-heeled beginning guitarist who bought the PRS as his first electric - never got beyond the beginners stage and gave up on it. I picked the guitar up at his place since he was just a couple hours away. He also had the Martin DM (in the pic) - and I ended up buying that from him too for a steal of a price.

• Members

Welcome. Lovely burst on that acoustic there.
:thu:

One of its main selling points for me - and its out of the box set up was better than average. It's all laminate though - so despite being a good playing guitar it is otherwise unremarkable.

• Members

One of its main selling points for me - and its out of the box set up was better than average. It's all laminate though - so despite being a good playing guitar it is otherwise unremarkable.

That's the Yammy listed in your sig? They do make great guitars and even their lower end ones can sound great. I have an FG something or other, forget the model numder at the moment and I love that thing. Great work horse acoustics that don't need to be babied like higher end Martins/Taylors/etc.

• Members

Just call me GAS Man

Cause Im in need of some restraint

But I'm surprised no one has commented on the MIJ Squier yet. That's a coveted ax my man!

So if you meet me

Have some courtesy

Have some sympathy, and some taste

Use all your well-learned politesse

And offer me a good price on that one.
;)

Sorry, picked up the Squier not long ago (the trem system needs a little work), so expect to keep it in my stable for some time. After knocking around with just the Yamaha acoustic for about the last year, I realized I had enough money to put towards some long coveted decent musical gear as modest investments. Except for the Yamaha, all the other gear you see in the pic was acquired over the last 3 months or so.

• Members

nice first year McCarty! i believe thats the only year those were built in the old factory.

does it have the coil-tap?

I forget if the McCarty would've been among the last guitars built in Annapolis - or among the first built in Stevensville. Whatever the case - it is PHAT and plays like butter.

No coil tap though I had that done along with recent setup (retained the stock pots :thu:). The stock pickups have the four-conductor wire. They didn't start doing the coil tap on the McCartys until 95.

...THANKS one and all, for a warm welcome. I'm sure I'll be around here frequently to yak it up :wave:

• Members

Sorry, picked up the Squier not long ago (the trem system needs a little work), so expect to keep it in my stable for some time.

Oh, I should have added:

Or I'll lay your soul to waste, um yeah

No?

;)

• Members

It's the stock pickup far as I know. Sounds good to me though I'm already thinking about swapping it for something a little hotter and punchier.

I made a demo of a stock Musicmaster Bass vs. a Bronco Bass w/ Lace Red. I've since changed the Musicmaster Bass quite a bit, it's got a Lace Red now. Sounds wonderful.

There's a cap on that's always on for the Musicmaster Bass, taking it off makes it a lot brighter.

• Members

I made a demo of a stock Musicmaster Bass vs. a Bronco Bass w/ Lace Red. I've since changed the Musicmaster Bass quite a bit, it's got a Lace Red now. Sounds wonderful.

There's a cap on that's always on for the Musicmaster Bass, taking it off makes it a lot brighter.

Thanks for the vid. My MM definitely sounds like yours, lowish output pickup, gentle sounding. If you really dig into the strings, the pickup seems to be able to take it fine. I think I'm gonna stick with the stock pup for the time being. I've only had the bass for about 3 weeks and I haven't really put it through its paces yet.

Archived