(Rant) On the Squier Jagmaster, Jazzmaster, and Jaguar guitars...

honeyiscool

• Members

Is it just me or did Squier pick really lame color schemes for these guitars?

Dress some of these in daphne blue, seafoam green, or candy apple red, with appropriate colors for plastics, and they'd be super sweet guitars.

Take a look at this ugly black Jagmaster:

squier-standard-jagmaster-460-80.jpg

It looks OK, but something's off. Now, look at what a Jagmaster could look like, just with better colors:

3291085883_ec159bdb3d_b.jpg

customjagmaster1.jpg

CARJag.jpg

But I guess Fender knows that if these had better colors, they wouldn't sell a single Blacktop...

• Members

Yeah those are very cool finishes.

Once again, you put those on a Squier, instant sex, but they never would.

Man these new Squiers I've been seeing at GC are looking really good. I wonder how much the sales are eating into the actual Fender MIM and USA models?

I think they're so different that nobody would want a Squier Jaguar if they really GAS'd for the real thing, but if the crowd of people they're trying to attract is the people who like the looks of one but not necessarily the quirks, I feel like the looks aren't up to par.

• Members

DSCF0037.jpg

I would have probably bought the Buttescotch if it was available, but I unpackaged this @ Russo's, tweaked it a bit and took it home. Since this pic I have soaked the guard in coffee (need to do that like 10 more times but what a waste of Java!), may try some Rit dye to parchment it up a bit (also roughed it up), but I like 'bursts, and this axe is super cool. Killer diller neck.

• Members

I wonder how that would take a bigsby?

DSCF0037.jpg

I would have probably bought the Buttescotch if it was available, but I unpackaged this @ Russo's, tweaked it a bit and took it home. Since this pic I have soaked the guard in coffee (need to do that like 10 more times but what a waste of Java!), may try some Rit dye to parchment it up a bit (also roughed it up), but I like 'bursts, and this axe is super cool. Killer diller neck.

Archived