Do you ever hate looking at you guitar(s)??

jumpwin

• Members

I had my guitars stolen from my car a few weeks back. Thanks to a multi national pan brokers and the police I got them back! My only problem is that now I can't stand to look at them, let alone play them! These things were my life blood, I used to love Playing, holding and looking at each and every one! However since retrieving them I have put them all in the spare room and don't want to know about them. I have lost the love and desire to play! I don't even look at them! What is wrong with me? I've advertised them all for sale and I'm ready to jack this guitar game for good! I feel guilty and betrayed, and can't figure out why? Help.

• Members

I can honestly say that I've never had this problem.

I don't know how having them stolen could correlate into not wanting to play anymore ; maybe you had come to terms with not having them in your life any more...

Sell the tainted ones, replace them.

• Members

Disclaimer: I am not a psychologist.

But I'd say that you've had a traumatic experiance associated with them. Maybe you need to play other guitars for a while to experiance the joy of playing once again on an instrument not associated with the incident. Then later you may be able to pick up your old instruments again. But if you still find you have bad feelings associated with them down the road you can always sell them then. I'd advise against selling them now and regretting it later. JMHO.

• Members

Sell them, buy new ones. Or maybe you've found out that guitar playing isn't for you, or they threaten you because you had your comfort-bubble burst. I tossed out the clothes I got mugged at gunpoint in.

Something similar but much less severe happened to me this year. I was yelled at by a teacher 3 separate times in one day for wearing a shirt that didn't fit the theme (it was a themed Out of Uniform day at my school). So yeah, not even close to mugging, but scared me enough to toss out the shirt.

Anyway, about the guitars, I say lock them away for a month, but don't sell them. Try listening to songs you used to play. If it comes back to you, play those guitars or go to GC and play some there.

• Members

When you are robbed it is natural to feel violated. Someone invaded your privacy and your life and stole from you. My guess is that as you are now aware how easily it can happen you fear it happening again and you feel vulnerable. Get it outta your head or the low lifes that robbed you win. Take steps to see it can't happen again. Anything valuable, if it must be left in your car, put in the locked trunk out of sight. Invest in a good car alarm and an alarm for your home. You don't have to be a victom just use your head. If you can't afford alarms get someone to print you up some stickers warning that your car and home is protected by alarms. Put them on your car windows and all the windows of your home. The bad guys don't know they are not really protected and won't take the chance. They'll look for easier, less risky, pickings.

• Members

So what exactly did these guitars do to you? Is it that they allowed themselves to be stolen without putting up a good enough fight? Or possibly, that they wanted to be stolen and were in fact in collusion with the thieves. Guitars can be so cruel. :cry:

• Members

So what exactly did these guitars do to you? Is it that they allowed themselves to be stolen without putting up a good enough fight? Or possibly, that they wanted to be stolen and were in fact in collusion with the thieves. Guitars can be so cruel.
:cry:

The heart is not the most rational of beings, my friend.

• Members

I've never been in that situation. I guess I would try to look at it that you were destined to own those guitars and make music with them, so they came back home. I had a car stolen once that was recovered, and it didn't really bother me much, but it was a cheap ass civic I had zero emotional attachment to. I can see guitars could be different. :idk:

• Members

I had my guitars stolen from my car a few weeks back. Thanks to a multi national pan brokers and the police I got them back! My only problem is that now I can't stand to look at them, let alone play them! These things were my life blood, I used to love Playing, holding and looking at each and every one! However since retrieving them I have put them all in the spare room and don't want to know about them. I have lost the love and desire to play! I don't even look at them! What is wrong with me? I've advertised them all for sale and I'm ready to jack this guitar game for good! I feel guilty and betrayed, and can't figure out why? Help.

Things Happen For a Reason

You Got Them Back and There's a Reason For That Too!

So, With That Being, Said,

Go Get Um,

Clean Um Up, Re-String Um,

Check Intonation

Clean The Cases Too!

You Got Them Back

There Still Your Guitars!

I Think Also You Learned a Lesson

So,

Go Get Them!

Your Got Some Cleaning and Stringing To Do!

PM Sent

Thanks

Steve

Archived