Tough News

Spirithawk

• Members

After a TEE Test today I just found out I'm going to have to have heart surgery again. This time to repair the Mitral Valve. It's not only leaking but way worse so than the doctors suspected. No idea how soon or what type of operation yet, as I haven't had the sit down talk with the Cardiologist yet. I'm not looking forward to being opened up again and not sure I'm up to it but when faced with it I'll do whatever I gotta do. Anyways, I may be gone for a while. Hopefully I'll be back. ....SH ^i^

• Members

Although I don't know you, I know how scary that is but you will be fine. As with others mojo, good thoughts & prayers being sent your way.

I had a slight scare & hospitalization a year ago and it lead me to a complete different life style change. No more junk eating (being from the South and loving deep fried everything that was hard), no more smoking & no more drinking. Well, an occasional whiskey but nothing like before that's for sure. Got back into riding a bike and I go to the beach for R&R every Sunday weather permitting. Healthier & feeling better more than ever in my life.

Keep your spirits up! See you when you return.

Al

• Members

I hear you. I had 8 (!) bypasses this time last year and as far as I know everything is great. Had another ultrasound at 6 months and all was clear. What concerns me a little is that I can hear my heartbeat in my head sometimes. Doesn't sound like much but it's a little disconcerting given my past. Having another ultrasound tomorrow with fingers crossed (heading to Europe Sunday). Mojo sent my friend!

• Members

Thanks everyone. I'm a disabled Vietnam Vet and I was exsposed to a lot of toxic chemicals in the Air Force. I had to have a triple bypass in 05 and stents in 09. What worries me is that during the bypass both my lungs collapsed so another open heart surgery is a bit scary to say the least. I'll do what I gotta do but it's gonna be a mighty rough road. Thanks again for thoughts and prayers.

Lonnie, know what you mean bro. I hear mine sometimes too. What get's me is that it sometimes plays Disco and I have to slap myself! Sorry, sometimes ya gotta laugh to keep from cryin. ;)

Archived