Something that fell in my lap yesterday.......

richey888

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

How tremendously awesome!! You do realize that if you try to go back to that gas station ..... it won't be there anymore...
:eek:

Cue twilight zone music!

Sooner Twilight Zone music than some George Thorogood......did the guy at the gas station say it belonged ta his brother and did he use the word "{censored}ters"?:(

• Members

Wow would love to hear the story behind this! Did the gas station attendant know the worth of this thing?

Yup. He said "Ya know they refurb these things and sell 'em for $2k..." I think he wanted to see it go to a good home, said he broke a finger years ago and can't play anymore. The wife thinks he wanted to piss off a relative or something. Who knows? His name is Richie also.....Also wanted to sell me a Realistic PA head (I have one already). Taking it to the amp guy this weekend. There's a guy down the street that does amazing things with SF's. We'll let him have a looky. Still shaking.

• Members

Did the place look like this?

abandoned-gas-station-near-flagstaff-ari

And did the owner look like this???

trumpreuters1.jpg?w=313&h=450

DID YOU SIGN ONE OF THESE?????

Kontora-contract-for-soul.jpg<br>><br

No and no.....kinda feel like I hit a good lottery ticket though. Appears to be completely stock. I'm frankly surprised as the weather here sux that it's still in one piece. One tiny drip of paint and loose tweed on a corner. Kinda makes a quiet blurble when you 1st turn it on, but otherwise is loud (10w, 10" Jensen P10, the label fell off but the codes and serial number is correct for Jensen) and hardly breaks up at all even on 12 it's fairly clean.

No and no.....kinda feel like I hit a good lottery ticket though. Appears to be completely stock. I'm frankly surprised as the weather here sux that it's still in one piece. One tiny drip of paint and loose tweed on a corner. Kinda makes a quiet blurble when you 1st turn it on, but otherwise is loud (10w, 10" Jensen P10, the label fell off but the codes and serial number is correct for Jensen) and hardly breaks up at all even on 12 it's fairly clean.

Damn, that's sweet!!!!

Archived