This guitar would almost be worth buying just for the headstock, cuz that's one more!

GAS Man

• Members

I mean, cuz this one goes to 7

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR916L5NgIItM5NBE_q8PL

and that's one more idn't it?

What symmetry! :love:

DV016_Jpg_Large_H71172.001_ebony_headsto

DV016_Jpg_Large_H71172.001_ebony_headsto

DV016_Jpg_Large_H71172.001_ebony_body_cl

DV016_Jpg_Large_H71172.001_ebony_battery

DV016_Jpg_Large_H71172.001_ebony_profile

DV016_Jpg_Large_H71172.001_ebony.jpg

What's holding me back? I'm already challenged enough trying to figure out what to do with 6 strings.

Oh, I could remove a string! :idea::D

• Members

Good argument mate, but really that only applies to amps and volume. Keef only needs five - that's my model.
;)

Yeah, I think it's a real cool looking metal machine. Or if I were a Korn devotee. But I really wouldn't know what to do with the extra low B.

I once walked into a local ma/pa music store and asking them if they had any 5 string telecasters for sale. The guy was taking me seriously which was starting to get painful as my kidding was backfiring (so I told him "j/k"). But I did end up buying a Peavey Reactor for that reason. I actually never followed all the way through with it but it was my thought to leave the one set up for Keef style play. I still have that git, so maybe I still will some day.

• Members

I didn't think you liked active pickups.
:idk:

No I don't. Sometimes I can restrain myself from buying cool looking guitars and this model provides me with two reasons. But I do think it would be a cool guitar for the right player. At a MAP of $1,389 (under $1200 with some dealing?) it's not priced too bad for a Ltd Ed. Gibbie with extra doo-dads.

I just think it's a cool looking guitar :love: so I thought I'd toss it out here for some chat.

I also like the black/gold and the white piping look the muti-ply pg creates.

• Members

That headstock IS clever: both practical and elegant in a way which would've earned a nod of approval from Leo Fender.

I'd buy one of those guitars in a second if it weren't for the facts that (a) I don't want a 7-string and (b) I don't want a V.

• Members

I gotta say, I kinda like it... But it sort of doesn't go together. I'd expect most EMG/brootz players would prefer black or chrome hardware to gold and most folks that dig the black/gold vibe, probably aren't fans of EMGs.

The headstock/tuners is genius... the output jack placement is abhorrent. :idk:

Archived