Kraftwerk Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Anderton

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Anderton View Post
Wow!! Where did you find that, let alone know about it?

I still want your iPod smile.gif
Hey, Craig, isn't that hot as s***? cool.gif

You know I'm a dweeb for all things 1960's-- I'm a real-life Austin Powers if there ever were one. With the advent of da Interwebz, I've started exploring what the charts were doing in the UK and France at that time. Every now and then a real gem will come my way.... songs that scarcely got heard on our side o' the pond.

This song is a Serge Gainsbourg... kind of the Dylan of France. Wrote clever lyrics explicitly about sex and drugs and radical politics, shocking (and thrilling) for their time. He's got several really memorable records. speaking earlier of "perfect pop records", I'd say this one comes close, his 1964 ode to interracial dalliance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDOk6nu9udo

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by rasputin1963 View Post
This song is a Serge Gainsbourg... kind of the Dylan of France. Wrote clever lyrics explicitly about sex and drugs and radical politics, shocking (and thrilling) for their time. He's got several really memorable records. speaking earlier of "perfect pop records", I'd say this one comes close, his 1964 ode to interracial dalliance
I really love his reggae record with Sly & Robbie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aux_arm...ra_%28album%29

Even more off topic, but I think Air is obviously influenced by Gainsbourg. They make carefully crafted, adventurous pop albums that are superbly recorded. Talkie Walkie is a good place to start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Anderton View Post
Whether they're rock and roll or not, they certain deserve it. They have definitely been one of the most influential groups in the music biz. Anyone object?

Meanwhile, Ritchie Blackmore's still not in there.

Archived