NGD is a PARKER!?

IPlayMetronome

• Members

YUP!

I don't know what clicked in my brain that said "Yeah, Parker's are pretty awesome" but it happened and I'm pretty impressed by it.

I know its not a Ken Parker USA era model and i'm in full blown honeymoon phase but its extremely comfortable, probably under 6 lbs, balanced, and it plays beautifully. Rings nicely acoustically, probably because of the HUGE control cavity. SD CustomCustom/'59 set sounds great too. Harmonics jump out effortlessly. So far , very stable tuning with some moderate trem use but I'll probably never use it after a few days. Easily the most comfortable bridge for palm mutes I've ever used.

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0263.jpg

• Members

I had an import Parker... it was technically flawless, but I just never bonded with it. Mine was actually pretty heavy but it was very comfortable and perfectly balanced both seated and on a strap.

A friend of mine has two of them including one that is maybe a bit rare, I think it's called a 'Seasons' or something like that. I'd put that guitar in the top 10 best playing guitars I've ever touched.

HNGD! :thu:

TCHNGD7a1.jpg

• Members

Congrats.

It's a shame they don't have more Flies (f.ex. Fly Deluxe) with H/S/S-config. I'd love to buy a Parker Fly if there was HSS-version available.

At least their website didn't mention other than that Living Color/Vernon Reid Signature-model. It's a shame...

Please let me know if there are Parkers with HSS-config.

Archived