NLPSGD

blind radish

• Members

Just brought this home yesterday. A 1996 Gibson Les Paul Special in near mint condition.

Some of you might know that I have a 79/55 LPS which is a great guitar, but I also once owned a 96 LPS TV Yellow ... and I sold it to Great Dane. (at least is has a good home)

There was always something about the feel and sound of the 96 that the 79 just does not have. Yeah, I know ... shut up and play yer 79.

Well, my local Clist had this baby listed so I went to see if it had the same vibe as my old TV LPS...The minute I picked it up I was sold.

There are a couple of minor scratches here and there (love bites, you might say) but overall the guitar is near mint :eek::eek::eek:

It plays like butter and sounds just fantastic. They guy I bought it from was a hellvua nice guy ... he was selling for a friend. I told him the story I just related above and I asked for the obligitory used guitar price reduction.

He said sure ... and bang. She's mine. the pix is not great but accurately reflects the color .... you've likely seen some these TV sunbursts before and the yellow is like Vitamin B infused piss. This one has a richer, more mellow color.

Happy Gibson owner here .....

lps-96.jpg

• Members

Thanks man ... it fell out of the sky, but pretty much fills the hole in my psyche ....
:thu:

it's actually uncanny the way this all has worked; i had a really nice 90s Gibson LP Special singlecut that i ended up selling in a fit of mindless action. after it was gone, i found myself wishing it was still around. i tried to ignore it, and was marginally successful until the day i saw your ad in the FS thread with a great price on the TV Yellow Special. i didn't even have to think about it. when it arrived, and after i had some work done on it, it completely ended all the thoughts i still had about the Special i sold. seems like there's something about us that's drawn to these 90s Special reissues. they are sweet, indeed.

• Members

Just brought this home yesterday. A 1996 Gibson Les Paul Special in near mint condition.

Some of you might know that I have a 79/55 LPS which is a great guitar, but I also once owned a 96 LPS TV Yellow ... and I sold it to Great Dane. (at least is has a good home)

There was always something about the feel and sound of the 96 that the 79 just does not have. Yeah, I know ... shut up and play yer 79.

Well, my local Clist had this baby listed so I went to see if it had the same vibe as my old TV LPS...The minute I picked it up I was sold.

There are a couple of minor scratches here and there (love bites, you might say) but overall the guitar is near mint
:eek:

It plays like butter and sounds just fantastic. They guy I bought it from was a hellvua nice guy ... he was selling for a friend. I told him the story I just related above and I asked for the obligitory
used guitar price reduction

He said sure ... and bang. She's mine. the pix is not great but accurately reflects the color .... you've likely seen some these TV sunbursts before and the yellow is like Vitamin B infused piss. This one has a richer, more mellow color.

Happy Gibson owner here .....

lps-96.jpg

Awesome! Congratulations.

• Members

it's actually uncanny the way this all has worked; i had a really nice 90s Gibson LP Special singlecut that i ended up selling in a fit of mindless action. after it was gone, i found myself wishing it was still around. i tried to ignore it, and was marginally successful until the day i saw your ad in the FS thread with a great price on the TV Yellow Special. i didn't even have to think about it. when it arrived, and after i had some work done on it, it completely ended all the thoughts i still had about the Special i sold. seems like there's something about us that's drawn to these 90s Special reissues. they are sweet, indeed.

there is something very zen-like about the whole fabric of this acquisition ...

I still want first refusal .. I'll likely be 75 years old, but I still want it GD...

Archived