Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar

Deadbeat Son

• Members

What? No comments about Fender exploiting Cobain's death? Oh yeah, I forgot that such nonsense is reserved for Gibson
:)

Anyhow, it is a nice guitar and I really like the 9.5" radius.

Dean does a pretty good job of exploiting dead people as well.

• Members

Does anybody know where these will be/are being manufactured?

The price would suggest MIA, but often times these "Artist Series" are not.
:idk:

Based on price, I would guess MIM. The Road Worns are MIM and nearly $1000 without upgraded pickups or being an artist sig model. The Jim Root Tele is about the same price and MIM.

• Members

I can't tell what a guitar's radius is when I play it, so that wouldn't bother me. I don't like relicing, so I'd pass on this in favor of the Classic Player Jaguar HH - those are really cool. Here it is, pretty close to the Cobain sig, but without the neck binding.

54838_l.jpg

I'd prefer one with the white finish, but this is still cool.

• Members

9.5" is vintage accurate. The small difference betwen 7.25 and 9.5 is it just makes it a bit easier to bend on the 9.5"...chording is about the same IMO.

But vintage Fender is 9.5" anyway not 7.25 as people think. Its a mix of both, back then they hand finished them so you got what you got.

• Members

Based on price, I would guess MIM. The Road Worns are MIM and nearly $1000 without upgraded pickups or being an artist sig model. The Jim Root Tele is about the same price and MIM.

Yeah, if I had to bet on it, I'd bet you're right. And $1300 is just toooooo much for me to consider on a MIM. It's not that I don't think they're making good guitars, but I have to think about resale value and MIMs are not going to be the better investment.

I have one of the Road Worn '72 Telecaster Customs. It has a MAP of $950 and I was able to get it for $790. I like it just fine, but spending another $500 for a MIM would get me bitch slapped. But I think you're right because even though $1300 is well within MIA pricing territory, it's not well within MIA "Relic'd" model pricing territory.

Well, I'll keep an eye out for deals on that one.

For around $900 I'd bite.

• Members

I think regardless of it being an MIM the fact that it is a Kurt Cobain signature guitar will help it retain it's resale value.... hell look at guitars like the jagstangs, they sell for MORE than they did new now. Alot of artist guitars do as well, take the Fender Tom Delonge strat, it is not uncommon to see them range in price from $500-$750+ when the guitars were only $499 new to begin with.

• Members

:idk:

The Strat headstock looks correct to me:

kurtCobainJaguar.jpg

Hmm... I guess that Jag is really like that, then.

I still wonder, though, why that Jag, then. If I think of the one Kurt Cobain guitar there should be a sig of, it is the Competition Mustang he played in "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I'm not a big fan of this guitar, though was a huge Nirvana fan at the time (now I am less angry...)! For those who are interested, there is an interesting review/test here:

http://en.audiofanzine.com/electric-solidbody-guitar-with-jz-jg-body/fender/jaguar-mexican-artist-kurt-cobain-road-worn-3-color-sunburst/editorial/reviews/smells-like-cobain-spirit.html

Archived