Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar

Deadbeat Son

• Members

Unfortunately, that is cool.

I like the choice on the pickups. I'm always a bit leery and usually a bit unimpressed with Fender HBs, so going DiMarzio would eliminate that concern. I'm also not a big fan of relic'ing, but I do have one RW '72 Custom and I like the "thin skin" treatment they get. They're usually a bit lighter and more resonant.

I'll most likely sit on the sidelines on this one since I'm guitar heavy and got plenty of GAS still to pay for, but it's cool. :thu:

OTOH, I could start rationalizing it if I were to sell my other Jag HH.

• Members

humm... its Road Worn aged finish and with the price tag $1200 I bet its a MIM.

Looks like it doesnt have large CBS headstock which you find on the regular Jaguar or Kurt's Jaguar.

Anyway Fender Japan Already done that years ago.

2.jpg

• Members

What radius would you expect?

7.25", like the real thing it is modeled after.

The curved radius, along with shorter scale and thin C profile, is part of what makes barre chording so painless on these guitars.

I really find 9.5" to be pretty much a deal breaker for me. All of Kurt's favorite guitars, his Mustangs and Jaguars, pretty much share the same neck. The Jag-Stang that he himself helped design also has the 7.25" radius. So what the heck, really.

The Japanese non-sig version mentioned in the post above is more accurate and probably better made. I didn't even see the pre-CBS headstock. What's the point of a sig if there is a more authentic production model?

• Members

7.25", like the real thing it is modeled after.

The curved radius, along with shorter scale and thin C profile, is part of what makes barre chording so painless on these guitars.

I really find 9.5" to be pretty much a deal breaker for me.
All of Kurt's favorite guitars
, his Mustangs and Jaguars, pretty much share the same neck. The Jag-Stang that he himself helped design also has the 7.25" radius. So what the heck, really.

The Japanese non-sig version mentioned in the post above is more accurate and probably better made. I didn't even see the pre-CBS headstock.
What's the point of a sig if there is a more authentic production model?

Let me preface with the statement that I know nothing about KC's guitars. That being said, according to Fender this is a more accurate reproduction than the CIJ model:

Fender craftsmen have reproduced Cobain

• Members

i couldn't care less about artist/signature/tribute guitars but that jaguar looks very cool. always liked the combo of sunburst, toroise shell pickguard and cream pickups. works better on a jag or mustang than on a strat/tele for some reason - maybe it's all that chrome that sets it off

• Members

I spoke to a rep from one of the Japanese instrument manufacturers a few years ago about their guitars which I think are outstanding instruments - and that's before I even factor in the price.

I wondered why they were not more popular when their quality control was so consistent. He told me it was a different marketing plan than other companies used and that they were more concerned about delivering a solid product. He also mentioned, in an off hand manner, that Fender uses "dead guys" to sell their guitars.

Archived