I'm sorry, you were saying your excuse for not practicing is what?...

mnewb1

• Members

my son has been having trouble learning pinch harmonics, so i just showed him this guy doing them with his arm, he said he feels like he needs to put a bit more effort in now :D Amazing technique given his circumstances. Must be hard to hit each string, i assume he has some sort of pick attached to the stump cover?

• Members

Having overcome difficulties such as he has, you think he gives a damn what is cool or not?

he may not care what is cool, but he seems to know what is amazing, awesome, excellent & brilliant :D He certainly kicks my arse at playing guitar, and i have 2 fully functional arms.

• Members

Gigging 20, and 30+ hours a week, every week for years and years and YEARS, plus over 20,000 hours logged in my lifetime, either standing on a stage playing, or at home practicing, Is my excuse. I have four shows left this weekend alone, and it is already saturday, for example. I only "practice" anymore while Im recording something and doing takes trying to get a part a little smoother, or when I pick up an instrument and do a little writing. I still have a TON to learn musically, I always will, but I dont have a fire for just sitting around and "practicing" like I used to since I can pretty much do anything I want to with the instrument anyway.

Thats my excuse.

• Members

Gigging 20, and 30+ hours a week, every week for years and years and YEARS, plus over 20,000 hours logged in my lifetime, either standing on a stage playing, or at home practicing, Is my excuse. I have four shows left this weekend alone, and it is already saturday, for example. I only "practice" anymore while Im recording something and doing takes trying to get a part a little smoother, or when I pick up an instrument and do a little writing. I still have a TON to learn musically, I always will, but I dont have a fire for just sitting around and "practicing" like I used to since I can pretty much do anything I want to with the instrument anyway.

Thats my excuse.

That seems like a good excuse.

• Members

I had my best guitar teacher (evah), classical guitar, once tell me that guitar is a right hand instrument.

ok I'll be that guy. that was AWFUL. I'd give him props just cause of the arm thing, but usually people with a disability don't want the pity-props.

hhmmm, I think it's okay to be "that guy" on a forum, but I'm not getting that on either level. I think it is more inspirational than "pity". And for the most part, I think he's nailing it exactly the way he wants it.

Archived