Man cave - post your guitar rooms

Acid Test

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

holy crap you guys have some nice spaces! Right now I live in a pretty small apartment and keep most of my gear locked up at the studio I rehearse at. I dont think I would even be able to keep a room like that. I'd be constantly packing and unpacking my gear going to gigs and practices

• Members

OK, here's my main creative music space. Before kids, I had it all to myself, but since we've had the two boys (2 & 6 year old) it has now been re-purposed to be a "music/sewing/Guest" room. My boys both love playing the e-drum kit I have (Roland HD-1) and each has a guitar of their own.

These pics are about 6 months old, and some of the guitars have left and some have been added, but the space remains the same (as it were).

dsc0079ww.jpg

dsc0078k.jpg

• Members
OK, here's my main creative music space. Before kids, I had it all to myself, but since we've had the two boys (2 & 6 year old) it has now been re-purposed to be a "music/sewing/Guest" room. My boys both
love
playing the e-drum kit I have (Roland HD-1) and each has a guitar of their own.

These pics are about 6 months old, and some of the guitars have left and some have been added, but the space remains the same (as it were).

dsc0079ww.jpg

dsc0078k.jpg

:thu:

• Members

I have a small space, about 5' x 8' alcove/future walk in closet for the next owner, but what I have managed to cram in there packs a pretty good basement warrior punch. Here's the nickle tour.

Wide shot from entrance end... mix desk made from an old entertainment center, where the inside, lower table and gear "rack" pulls in and out on casters, DAW, gits on display etc...

wide-1.jpg

Gear shot, including a bunch of crap I've been able to cobble together, but not much of it pro, but it makes sound, pretty accurately. We got a turntable, a mackie mixer, a V-AMP, an RP-1000 with looper pedal, stereo reciever, CD player, Cassette, and a Super VHS (for transfer of family movies and stuff). Speakers? Well you're going to laugh but I got an old set of Realistic Minimus series speakers, the larger ones, that are just excellent. Though, the acoustics in this small place do leave a lot to be desired. It's not Little Mountain Sound, that's for sure.

Plus, my precious custom modified office chair upon which I reversed and moved the armrests back on 2-3" so I can now sit and still play very comfortably. Totally one of my BEST mods ever! I stand and play, about 60% of the time though.

gear.jpg

Here we have a wall of wire and wood in my homemade multi-hanger, and my precious "My Sharona" 45 clock to tell me when it's time to get some shuteye.

widerguitars.jpg

Here we have a shelf, filled with music, percussion stuff, a jT-30 (not working yet), strings, mascots, etc...

backshelf.jpg

A pull out floor tool, and cord cart, which also slides on casters deep in, or to either side out of the way of my legs, (there's a fender princeton chorus behind it on the floor)

rollingshelf.jpg

looking 180 degrees, we have the cave entrance,the wax collection, mics, extra cables/adaptors storage behind the wall of VOX, and a mirror for practicing my various orgasmic "bend faces" - (my wife suggested it, and it does make the room actually seem quite a bit bigger, and not so claustrophobic)

wallofVOX.jpg

And another shot showing the floor to ceiling look from the entrance off to the right of the amps.

widelow.jpg

Now if I can only find a way to get a mini-fridge in, and a bucket for throwing waste out the window, I think I could almost live here.

If I keep spending so much time on the fori, I might have to.

• Members

I have a small space, about 5' x 8' alcove/future walk in closet for the next owner, but what I have managed to cram in there packs a pretty good basement warrior punch. Here's the nickle tour.

Wide shot from entrance end... mix desk made from an old entertainment center, where the inside, lower table and gear "rack" pulls in and out on casters, DAW, gits on display etc...

wide-1.jpg

Gear shot, including a bunch of crap I've been able to cobble together, but not much of it pro, but it makes sound, pretty accurately. We got a turntable, a mackie mixer, a V-AMP, an RP-1000 with looper pedal, stereo reciever, CD player, Cassette, and a Super VHS (for transfer of family movies and stuff). Speakers? Well you're going to laugh but I got an old set of Realistic Minimus series speakers, the larger ones, that are just excellent. Though, the acoustics in this small place do leave a lot to be desired. It's not Little Mountain Sound, that's for sure.

Plus, my precious custom modified office chair upon which I reversed and moved the armrests back on 2-3" so I can now sit and still play very comfortably. Totally one of my BEST mods ever! I stand and play, about 60% of the time though.

gear.jpg

Here we have a wall of wire and wood in my homemade multi-hanger, and my precious "My Sharona" 45 clock to tell me when it's time to get some shuteye.

widerguitars.jpg

Here we have a shelf, filled with music, percussion stuff, a jT-30 (not working yet), strings, mascots, etc...

backshelf.jpg

A pull out floor tool, and cord cart, which also slides on casters deep in, or to either side out of the way of my legs, (there's a fender princeton chorus behind it on the floor)

rollingshelf.jpg

looking 180 degrees, we have the cave entrance,the wax collection, mics, extra cables/adaptors storage behind the wall of VOX, and a mirror for practicing my various orgasmic "bend faces" - (my wife suggested it, and it does make the room actually seem quite a bit bigger, and not so claustrophobic)

wallofVOX.jpg

And another shot showing the floor to ceiling look from the entrance off to the right of the amps.

widelow.jpg

Now if I can only find a way to get a mini-fridge in, and a bucket for throwing waste out the window, I think I could almost live here.

If I keep spending so much time on the fori, I might have to.

Are you japanese?!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived