Anyone Has Any Experience With Lindy Fralin's Split-Blade Pickup?

Jimmy25

• Members

Anyone has any experience with Lindy Fralin's Split-Blade pickup? Some reviews / comments on this pickup would be really helpful. I'm planning on getting a set of these soon and switch out my "Fender 57 Reissue Maple Neck Stratocaster Made In Japan Since 1993" 's original pickup. Still deciding between Vintage or Blues output within the split-blade though. I'm looking for more dynamic, more punchy, medium output, fatter and fuller solid tone. From playing clean blues, funk, jazz, to rock with overdrive / distortion.

BTW. Just curios, from your personal taste, do you guys think it would be cool if I install the Split-Blade pickup in black color on my strat which will make it look just like this:

splitBlade3_big.jpg

Or do you guys think that would just look funny and unmatched and it's better to choose white color and stick with the traditional Eric Clapton's Blackie look? I know what I prefer, but just simply wanna see what you guys think from different point of views. Cheers : )

• Members

Anyone has any experience with Lindy Fralin's Split-Blade pickup? Some reviews / comments on this pickup would be really helpful. I'm planning on getting a set of these soon and switch out my "Fender 57 Reissue Maple Neck Stratocaster Made In Japan Since 1993" 's original pickup. Still deciding between Vintage or Blues output within the split-blade though. I'm looking for more dynamic, more punchy, medium output, fatter and fuller solid tone. From playing clean blues, funk, jazz, to rock with overdrive / distortion.

BTW. Just curios, from your personal taste, do you guys think it would be cool if I install the Split-Blade pickup in black color on my strat which will make it look just like this:

splitBlade3_big.jpg
Or do you guys think that would just look funny and unmatched and it's better to choose white color and stick with the traditional Eric Clapton's Blackie look? I know what I prefer, but just simply wanna see what you guys think from different point of views. Cheers : )

I don't have any experience with his split blades, but I have his noiseless P90s in my PRS SE. They sound great, but not quite as good as Kinmans.

From your description, I think the blues version would be more suitable.

The black looks fine, but I would change the knobs and switch tip to black, too.

• Members

Never tried the pickups but I've read more good than bad. One member here has them but he doesn't check in quite every day. I know he really likes his set.

As for the color combo... I think I'd rather have the black pickups against the white pickguard than all white though one of my favorite looks is cream or white covers against a mint pickguard. It's entirely subjective though.

• Members

the pickups are great. I also think you want the blues version. I am not well versed in pickup description metaphors, but they're warm and still sufficiently "strat characteristic" they also look kinda cool. go black. don't know why, but these pups just look more normal for what they are in that color....

• Members

Even though I'm thinking of Blues Special set from Linday Fralin. I would still like to hear some comments/review on the Split Blade set. Since in the end I still prefer no hum... I heard this set suck out the tone of a strat. Is that true? Would love to hear more if possible about this Split Blade set... Anyone? Seems like Kinman pickup wins and get much better reviews when it comes to noiseless hmm.... o.0

• Members

Check out DiMarzio's stuff too, I have an Area 67 and Cruiser in my HSS, they sound great and are dead quiet. While I dont doubt the LF's are great pups as well as the Kinmans, you probably could save some cash with the DiMarzio's and still get what you are looking for. E-mail the DiMarzio's tech and tell him what you are looking for, they are quick to reply and can give you wiring diagrams to boot.

Archived