Rose Pickups Hermosa strat pickups clip

wagdog

• Members

Recently picked up a set of used rose pickups hermosa pickups.

Here's the clip:

[video=youtube;aIgYHhu8cHY]

These are very vintage sounding pickups. They have GREAT tone clean, and dirty up nicely. They do not drive the front-end of an amp at all by themselves (especially my twin).

They'll be staying in the green partsocaster.

EDIT:

Added a clip of the guitar/pickups through a hot rod deluxe. Got a little lost at the end, lol.

[video=youtube;NE0M6j--dnY]

For reference, here is my srv strat w/texas specials through the twin. About 1 min into this video and the hermosa video I hit the exact same lick with the neck/middle pickups, so that should give a nice comparison of the two. Also, I haven't touched the amp settings at all, and the two videos definitely show (to me anyway) that the ts's are a higher output pickup.

The other thing is w/the tubescreamer kicked on through the twin, I think I hit the limit of the "medium" setting for the audio on the videotrack camera.

[video=youtube;HIyqXaG4lxU]

and for grins, here is my '74 strat w/bg-pups.com v60's through the twin:

[video=youtube;qGU5A-JYYXE]

• Members

I love the Rose Mariposa's I have in an SX Strat! Fantastic tone at an incredible price. We just did an FG shoot out of 3 strat sets under $100 and the new Mariposas were included. Below is the demo (not me BTW). I think anyone looking for a a vintage output strat set at a killer price has gotta include Rose in their search.

[video=youtube;9W7oLmSvlYA]

• Members

Whaddup Will. Thanks for posting the pickup shoot out! Wish we were able to please everyone, but it goes to show you can't win everyone over! I'm happy that they listened to the playback and noticed some great tones coming from the Mariposa pups. That was a nice thing to read :)

• Members

Bought a set of these during the promo a few weeks ago. Can't wait to install them now. Nice demo!

Although these pickups are not "high output"t and therefore will not be for people who go for that sort of thing, they have excellent tone and are very touch responsive.

From the site, it looks like they are still available for $60 shipped, that's a crazy good deal.

• Members

Whaddup Will. Thanks for posting the pickup shoot out! Wish we were able to please everyone, but it goes to show you can't win everyone over! I'm happy that they listened to the playback and noticed some great tones coming from the Mariposa pups. That was a nice thing to read
:)

No problem! The shoot out comments were interesting when placed in context and listening to the videos. And let's not forget the instrument a pickup is installed into comes into play as well so there is no magic bullet. I still love my Mariposas, they ain't ever going anywhere!

• Members

Especially like the in-betweens (neck/middle, one of the hardest to get right, wags demo nails it), may have to pick up some Rose's!

These pickups really come alive in the in-between positions for sure. The middle pickup by itself is a strong point as well. Overall, I'm very impressed.

Archived