Leo's Greatest Mistake

Django Sentenza

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

there was a poll on surfguitar101 asking which guitar is best for surf and the strat won overwelmingly. it was between a strat, jazzmaster, jaguar, and mosrite IIRC. I think more than 50% voted strat. Jazzmaster came in second, jaguar 3rd.

mainly because of Dick Dale.

I voted Jaguar.

• Members

there was a poll on surfguitar101 asking which guitar is best for surf and the strat won overwelmingly. it was between a strat, jazzmaster, jaguar, and mosrite IIRC. I think more than 50% voted strat. Jazzmaster came in second, jaguar 3rd.

Finally some facts. Thank you sir.

(so far the pro-strat side was more our less repeating ad nauseam that 1) a strat is sexy and 2) legendary artists have played them)

• Members

I'm sure we all do. But spamming videos and pictures isn't helping anybody or this thread...
:p

this is a Strat appreciation thread. no one's forcing you to read it. why don't you join in the fun and turn me on to a guitarist you like who plays the Strat who i may not know?

• Members

Finally some facts. Thank you sir.

(so far the pro-strat side was more our less repeating ad nauseam that 1) a strat is sexy and 2) legendary artists have played them)

you're probably too young and too european to know who this is but...apropos of nothing

just-the-facts-mam-thumb.jpg

• Members

this is a Strat appreciation thread
. no one's forcing you to read it. why don't you join in the fun and turn me on to a guitarist you like who plays the Strat who i may not know?

Actually, it isn't. You're just spamming pictures and videos without actually making a point. Don't get me wrong, I'm taking no sides in this. I'm here to learn, not bitch at people that don't share my views.

• Members

This is for you Django. Terence Hill, Bud Spencer & Eli Wallach.

Awesome Carlo Rustichelli waltz played during a saloon gunfight at 6:32.

6:06 Eli Wallach calls for music

6:32 Rustichelli Waltz begins

6:45 The roulette wheel turns & gunfighters pace backwards over bodies on floor.

7:53 Gunfire

Cool, but that's a different spaghetti western than "Django."

I'm not a film buff, but I do recall seeing "Django" back in the early '70s. It was, and probably still is, one of the most over-the-top violent western films ever made. Spaghetti westerns were famous for violence, but "Django" was probably the most violent spaghetti western of them all.

Just in case you're wondering why Django is often seen in the film pulling around a coffin, that's what he keeps his strange looking gattling gun and ammunition in -- thus the absurdly high body count. :lol:

0.03.25-BU.jpg

Franco-Nero-as-DJango.jpg

[video=youtube;uA0EUIKKgec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA0EUIKKgec

• Members

Thanks for sharing your love of elevator music.

Ya know, maybe if you weren't deadset against any music made with a certain instrument, people wouldn't call you a troll. So you don't like strats or most strat players in popular music, cool. But constantly putting people down makes me think you're doing it just out of spite and to piss people off. Obviously in some cases you've done a good job of that. If you're not a troll then you just seem like somebody who enjoys putting people's opinions down and thinking your's is best. Though usually, a troll is going to deny he's a troll to keep the conversation moving, so yeah.

• Members

Ya know, maybe if you weren't deadset against any music made with a certain instrument, people wouldn't call you a troll. So you don't like strats or most strat players in popular music, cool. But constantly putting people down makes me think you're doing it just out of spite and to piss people off. Obviously in some cases you've done a good job of that. If you're not a troll then you just seem like somebody who enjoys putting people's opinions down and thinking your's is best. Though usually, a troll is going to deny he's a troll to keep the conversation moving, so yeah.

In truth, I posted that video because if you're incredibly lame like me, you'll notice Joe using the middle pickup for some sections of the song. That said, I do rather like the song.

• Members

I thought you lost your touch when the Name change came.

Glad to see you back in full form.

This thread is Epic Uma at his Best. I mean Django...............
:lol:

Here's one of his Classic Best troll Threads...................

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2859447-Does-metal-qualify-as-music&highlight=metal

Oh {censored}! Is this the same asshole who insisted that Steinbergers and Jacksons aren't "serious" instruments? No wonder he's such an aesthetic authoritarian prick!

So far, the only thing HE seems to like is limited to a QuentinTarantino soundtrack. That's narrow-minded enough to look through a keyhole with both eyes.

(and the irony is that I prefer my Jazzmaster to my Strat. I think it's the better instrument of the two, and with Adjustomatic bridge there's no bridge problems.)

Archived