Show me your SG's! NOW!

Hand Amputation

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey guys, how come my pictures are not displayed in the messages but only as links. Is there an option to tick somewhere...?

To display them, you need to upload them to a hosting site like Photobucket and put a link in your post using IMG tags.

• Members

Hey guys, how come my pictures are not displayed in the messages but only as links. Is there an option to tick somewhere...?

Because you are using the pic as an 'attachment'.

Most of us are probably using photobucket, flicker etc...

But I think once you attach and upload the pic and your post is visible, you can click on the attachment link in your post so you can see the pic, right click on it, chose the 'Copy Image Location' (or similar, depending on your browser), then edit your post, paste the information you've copied, then use the brackets

• Members

I've C&P'd this from another of my posts where someone asked the same question....

On the reply window at the bottom right you will see a box that says "Go Advanced", click this as it will open a bigger reply box that will allow you to preview your post to check if the pic is showing correctly before you post it.

Next, click on the "insert Image" icon at the top outside (middle) of the reply window, this will open up a box that asks for the URL for the image (just use C&P).

The image needs to be on the web and NOT on your computer, so use Photobucket or some similar hosting site for photos you want to upload to the board (any web based photo with an URL can be uploaded to the board this way).

Next check on "Preview Post" to see if it all looks OK (and that you haven't inadvertently clicked the wrong image and were about to post a photo of your Girlfriend/Wife/etc wearing "interesting attire" or worse!! :eek: ... A mate of mine did exactly that a few years ago by mistake:facepalm: so ALWAYS use preview prior to submitting your post), if it all looks OK click on "Submit Reply".

Same goes for inserting videos too.

I think that's all right and I haven't missed anything out.

Give it a try.

Cheers

J_N.

• Members

So, this 2005 SG Special is up for sale locally.. I was wondering if it is 'better' than the SG Special Faded models that are currently available. I noticed that it has a gloss finish, but other than that I am not sure if it's much different.. Anyone have any experience with these?

yx16c.jpg?2

Here's a link to an album:
http://imgur.com/a/aQi5k#0

• Members

My experience with the modern special series (faded or gloss) is that quality control in not reliable.

There are some killerkillerkiler examples and some really awful ones. My faded, for example, has a one piece body, and great fretwork and was nearly perfect when I got it from Musicians Friend. I've picked up the same model (and the gloss ones) at Guitar Centers to try out various amps and pedals, and have had about 50% success rate at finding a decent one.

My point being, try it out.

Archived