Show me your SG's! NOW!

Hand Amputation

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

works great! This is my second Bigsby/Vibramate set up.
:thu:

Great!... I tried to put one on my Tele and it really worked out badly... so I still have the Bigsby there and i've been thinking about using it on my SG.... good to know it worked out well on the SG

• Members

As to the Faded for sale, the older ones had moon inlays with an ebony board. There are a few rare bastards out there with ebony boards and dot inlays. My lead singer has a transitional faded V like that. Hard to tell from the picture, but it might be one of those.

I heart SGs. We get along just fine:

• Members

this thread is giving me huge GAS pains.

logo-gasx.gif

I'm REALLY considering an SG standard, but I cant decide if I want P90s or humbuckers... decisions decisions...

convince me one way or the other?? how are the stock PUPS on the standard? 'buckers or p90s

• Members

what happened with the tele?

it just didn't work with the bridge well.. the low E and and high E strings were being forced in closer than they should. Also to work well I'd say you'd have to shim the neck for sure because I didn't like the tension on the bridge at all strings could move easily... it LOOKED sexy as hell... just wasn't a good fit IMO

• Members

it just didn't work with the bridge well.. the low E and and high E strings were being forced in closer than they should. Also to work well I'd say you'd have to shim the neck for sure because I didn't like the tension on the bridge at all strings could move easily... it LOOKED sexy as hell... just wasn't a good fit IMO

any pics of the tele with this rig?

• Members

1973 SG Std, all original with unbound Ebony fingerboard and Harmonica bridge (except it's painted Ferrari Red).

61' LP Reissue, bought new without the Lyre Trem or Bigsby.

The guitar in the background is a guitar I had made by John Smith of Gordon Smith Guitars in the UK, I had 2 old Gibbo P90's and I asked him to make me a mahogany plank and fit the P90's. It was the first guitar he had ever put P90's in and he had to go out and buy a new router bit to do the corners of the P/U cavities the right radius. It is basically a GS 1.5 body and you won't see another like it, John now does guitars with P90's.
This thing growls good style, it's an amazing piece of kit.:thu:

6ee41200.jpg

Cheers
J_N.

• Members

Love this artwork, too. Did the artist just paint right onto the original finish, and then give it a clear coat over top ? It looks like there is a little texture to it from the original brushwork, can you feel that when you're playing it ?

Cool my wife says thanks! Yep, sort of. I sanded it down a bit for her. Not much on to sand on these faded models. Originally she forgot about the Vibrola and had to repaint so her face wasn't covered up. So it had taken her a bit longer than normal. Then she just used some regular spray can automotive clear coat. You can feel the brush work from her hair on your forearm but it isn't a bother. I want her to do another one for me, but that means getting another guitar :D

• Members
Very cool. Is that artwork painted on with a stencil, or is it an overlay that was covered wit clear-coat ? Love the knob details, too.

The graphic is simply part of the package, a "signature" cheapo production Epiphone G310 bolt-on plywood mess I'd advise folks to avoid, if possible. If only it was a G400!

Emily_The_Strange_G_310_by_ryandws.jpg

Archived