Is there anybody here who can...

Canadian Jeff

• Members

Actually have had enough experience with all the guitars in the cosmos to offer up genuinely helpful feedback?

You played two Gibsons last week at Guitar Center and both had pokey fret ends. OMFG how have they been in business since the 50's (or whatever)?

When you were 16 and were barely able to hold a guitar you disliked Kramers and, thusly, all modern Kramers are junk.

Think that pokey fret ends are a definitive sign of poor fretwork.

You dislike Korean-made guitars for having the "attributes of Korean-made guitars"; yet you fail to elaborate on what those attributes are.

Your first guitar was a New York Pro Strat knock-off and it was awful, but it was a strat so: all strats are awful.

You heard? You {censored}ing heard? Who did you hear from? A buddy? A buddy?! Not the internet!?!!?!1

Owned one good 70's Gibson? The horror stories must be all nonsense then.

Owned one bad R9? Well they must all be trash then.

Fail to take in when people on this (and pretty much every other) forum say that guitars are like people. Despite being from X country and being of Y model they're different, and no two (even if they're very close) are really the same.

You tell buddy to buy whatever when Guitar Center is 10 feet away from his house when the good advice would be to tell him to go and play everything and, if he doesn't find anything that speaks to him, not to buy?

Start stupid threads asking me to tell you that I like my Les Paul when you think Teles are the shiiiiiiiiiiit. 10 minutes later you'll be starting a thread because you're gassing after an LP.

I love the internet, this forum especially. TGP, UG, both came before you guys but this place seems like a normal medium for regular(ish) people to come together and talk about guitars. We love Squiers, and we love the boutiquey shtuff. Forget reflecting on Gibson vs. Fender or Fano vs. a Toaster. We respond to threads because we either wanna joke about our genuinely try to help. If 3/4 of you think I'm an asshole and a moron then fine, whatevskies. If 1/4 of you think I'm drunk, that's fine too. The point is, the 1/4 that's left might be like "wtf, this bro has some kinda point!" - if they existed.

Unfortunately I'm that really bad at math :(

• Members
Actually have had enough experience with all the guitars in the cosmos to offer up genuinely helpful feedback?

You played two Gibsons last week at Guitar Center and both had pokey fret ends. OMFG how have they been in business since the 50's (or whatever)?

When you were 16 and were barely able to hold a guitar you disliked Kramers and, thusly, all modern Kramers are junk.

Think that pokey fret ends are a definitive sign of poor fretwork.

You dislike Korean-made guitars for having the "attributes of Korean-made guitars"; yet you fail to elaborate on what those attributes are.

Your first guitar was a
New York Pro
Strat knock-off and it was awful, but it was a strat so: all strats are awful.

You heard? You {censored}ing
heard
? Who did you hear from? A buddy? A buddy?! Not the internet!?!!?!1

Owned one good 70's Gibson? The horror stories must be all nonsense then.

Owned one bad R9? Well they must all be trash then.

Fail to take in when people on this (and pretty much every other) forum say that guitars are like people. Despite being from X country and being of Y model they're different, and no two (even if they're very close) are really the
same

You tell buddy to buy whatever when Guitar Center is 10 feet away from his house when the good advice would be to tell him to go and play everything and, if he doesn't find anything that speaks to him, not to buy?

Start stupid threads asking me to tell you that I like my Les Paul when you think Teles are the shiiiiiiiiiiit. 10 minutes later you'll be starting a thread because you're gassing after an LP.

I love the internet, this forum especially. TGP, UG, both came before you guys but this place seems like a normal medium for regular(ish) people to come together and talk about guitars. We love Squiers, and we love the boutiquey shtuff. Forget reflecting on Gibson vs. Fender or Fano vs. a Toaster. We respond to threads because we either wanna joke about our genuinely try to help. If 3/4 of you think I'm an asshole and a moron then fine, whatevskies. If 1/4 of you think I'm drunk, that's fine too. The point is, the 1/4 that's left might be like "wtf, this bro has some kinda point!" - if they existed.

Unfortunately I'm that really bad at math
:(

Let it out. More power to you brother!

Archived