OLP guitars

KightTemplar

• Members

Yesterday I spotted on an OLP axis model, the one that has vintage trem, single volume knob and twin humbuckers.

I strummed it acoustically and I was seriously impressed: the acoustic tone sang THROUGH the body and neck! Plus the flame maple top did not look cheap at all. The store asked for 100 bucks. Did not have time to plug in though.

So what do you guys think about the OLP guitars, especially the axis ones?

• Members

Definitely worth $100. The other guitarist in a band I played in had a couple. After I played his OLP MM1 (Axis), I picked up a couple when I found good deals. I have two with a Floyd Rose. I also have a couple of the MM4, Silhouette style. Excellent guitars for what you can usually find them for.

• Members

They were nicer than I originally thought.

I'm with you! Someone gave my girl an Axis one, and I set it up. The pickups are waaaaaaay better than I expected. They're no top quality, but they sound really nice. No squealing or unwanted feedback at all. I use it for most of my at home practicing. Stays in tune, and I was able to intonate it (I've found a lot of cheapo guitars that I couldn't)!

If you can, grab it.

• Members

I picked up an OLP Petrucci about a month ago with upgraded locking tuners and a set of DiMarzio EVOs installed for $225. Weighs bout 7 lbs, sounds great, and plays really well. I may do a refinish on it this summer though - saw one on the net that was stripped to bare wood and it looked pretty badass, or I might do a rattle-can-metallic-something-or other.

Anyway, nice guitars for the cash.....

Archived