New found love for Heritage Guitars

fretless

• Members

These guys love building instruments ,still do it the old way in one very old shop by many of the original Gibson employees to this day. They turn out some of the most beautiful instruments I've seen , more one piece tops than your local swim club and at very attractive prices . A big thanks to our resident Heritage guru brentrocks for always bringing on the Heritage GAS .

Post'em if you got'em !

[video=youtube;aWn2FIkBwb8]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bought this one used off a Berklee professor about three years ago. It's about 10 years old, and it really has an "old soul" to it - it feels like holding a classic instrument. It's still in very good shape but it definitely has a broken in feel to it. Plays great, big fat sound that sings, and beautiful woods. Not planning on letting this one go. Given the used prices on these guitars, they're one of the best values out there on the used market for a 335-style.

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

• Members

They are AMAZING! I have trouble understanding how guys are jerking off over these new age Gibsons made on assembly lines...yet they are oblivious to the fact that Heritage is making what REAL GIBSONS used to be....in Kalamazoo.

Here is mine.....ain't ever selling this!

DSC05999.jpg

• Members

They are AMAZING! I have trouble understanding how guys are jerking off over these new age Gibsons made on assembly lines...yet they are oblivious to the fact that Heritage is making what REAL GIBSONS used to be...

These things are great to see in videos and photos, but it's hard to get too excited about them if you don't have any way to see one in person. Given the choice between one of these and a run-of-the-mill Gibson, I'd certainly take one of these, but I'd have to drive three hours just to try one out ...

• Members

If I didn't have such a thing for USA Hamers, I would own a Heritage by now. I really like that they focus on building guitars rather than lifestyles :)

One day I'll have an H170 - love the Yamaha version of SG meets Les Paul vibe of that one.

H170%20VWB.jpg

• Members

My dad bought an early Heritage Eagle, after years of playing his Epi Joe Pass which he bought when he got back into jazz after early years owning a trio of 60's Gibson 175's. He had always said the Epi was just fine now that he wasn't performing live but within a minute of him playing the Eagle, we both said out loud that the Epi really sounded lke shit in comparision.

Pure Pure Pure direct clear tone like nothing I have ever heard played live. Super well made and beautiful too.:thu:

Not many for sale in these parts but I am hoping to pick up a 335 or LP Heritage when I can.

• Members

These things are great to see in videos and photos, but it's hard to get too excited about them if you don't have any way to see one in person. Given the choice between one of these and a run-of-the-mill Gibson, I'd certainly take one of these, but I'd have to drive three hours just to try one out ...

Huh ?

I'm in Ireland maybe 3000+ miles from the factory, there is no distribution in Ireland, and precious little in the UK so if I can manage it ....

• Members

They are rare around these parts too .

Truth be known , the only one I've ever played is the one above that I bought a month ago .

Bought it used from a guy on another board .Didn't play it 'till it was delivered .

I rolled the dice...and won .:cool:

sometimes ya gotta take a leap .

another pic...just because ;)

NHD204.jpg

• Members

I bought this one used off a Berklee professor about three years ago. It's about 10 years old, and it really has an "old soul" to it - it feels like holding a classic instrument. It's still in very good shape but it definitely has a broken in feel to it. Plays great, big fat sound that sings, and beautiful woods. Not planning on letting this one go. Given the used prices on these guitars, they're one of the best values out there on the used market for a 335-style.

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Want.......badly.

Oh yours too Bubluz. Truthfully, if I ever get a 335 type that's the way I want to go. They want too much for the Gibbys and I'm not really sold on the old Ibbys and such.

They are rare around these parts too .

Truth be known , the only one I've ever played is the one above that I bought a month ago .

Bought it used from a guy on another board .Didn't play it 'till it was delivered .

I rolled the dice...and won .
:cool:

sometimes ya gotta take a leap .

another pic...just because
;)

NHD204.jpg

Gorgeously beautiful!!!! :thu:

• Members

Huh ?

I'm in Ireland maybe 3000+ miles from the factory, there is no distribution in Ireland, and precious little in the UK so if I can manage it ....

I don't doubt that. But it just means that there are dealers near you with the desire to get stuff like this. In what can best be described as "non-descript" U.S. cities you'd be hard-pressed to find music stores that stock low-volume brands ...

Archived