New found love for Heritage Guitars

fretless

• Members

If you watch the video in the original post:

1) both guys state they started working at Gibson in the 50s
2) both guys look pretty old

I don't really find either the "these guys made the 50s Gibsons" comment or the "these guys made the Norlin crap" comment very relevant. Both of those things happened a long long time ago. Look at the guitars they make now, that's the only thing you can make your decision on.

I've had a good experience but have read enough to know they don't have a reputation for perfection/impeccable QC like say Collings. I like mine but would hesitate to pull the trigger sight unseen, but that goes for most brands. But there are a lot of very happy owners out there too, so you know there's something going on if you get a good one.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those norlin comments are ridiculouus the workers were just following orders im sure.

What are you 16????

When the CEO says make bodies out of plywood..you {censored}en make bodies outta plywood...or you go sell pencils down the street. Capiche?

• Members

gibson fans cant tell the diference anyway, my 11 year old noticed that most of the jack plates arnt even straight on the gibsons for sale locally. none of the sub 3K gibsons have a correctly mounted jack plate. the custom shop gibson video has people pulling pre made parts out of box`s and assembling them. they dont seem to make the guitar at all, just putting them together. the other gibson video i have seen has ONE guy making necks free hand with a band saw, that also seems to be absolute BS. how many of those things are on hooks at that factory and they try to say its only one guy freehand cutting necks??? we are that stupid!

• Members

I learned from a Heritage endorsee. In my 2+ years with him I played probably a dozen Heritage guitars with a cross-section of roughly 20 years. I liked the majority of them, but only fell in love with three- all jazz archtops (one of which runs about $6k). That said, were I in the market for an LP-ish, I'd look first at Heritage. Same for a 335ish. I happen to live within 45 minutes of Heritage's best US dealer (Jay Wolfe), and wouldn't hesitate for a moment to go down, give a dozen a thrashing and take one home.

Archived