THE BEST blue guitar is...

caveman

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really liked the guitar until I saw your LP build thread and found out your were a low down fake.. Not cool. Beautiful build, too bad you're so ashamed of it you put someone else's logo on it.

That was a little harsh. If he was selling it on CL or eBay as an authentic Gibson I would definitely agree with you, but he isn't. He made this one for himself, apparently.

Would you have said the same thing to Slash regarding the LP he used on Appetite for Destruction?

It says Gibson on it too....

• Members

That was a little harsh. If he was selling it on CL or eBay as an authentic Gibson I would definitely agree with you, but he isn't. He made this one for himself, apparently.

Would you have said the same thing to Slash regarding the LP he used on Appetite for Destruction?

I agree with RaVenCAD, beautiful guitar but he {censored}ed it up with the counterfeit Gibson logo.

As far as Slash goes, a pro should know better.

• Members

Someone will eventually buy that fake guitar he built. Either from him or his estate after he's dead.

As for Slash, no, I wouldn't. But I'd say it to the guy that built it.

• Moderators

Someone will eventually buy that fake guitar he built. Either from him or his estate after he's dead.

As for Slash, no, I wouldn't. But I'd say it to the guy that built it.

RC, I appreciate your principles, but there is a reality in the world that means that at least 4 very famous LP players out there have had faithful repros of their 59s and one his 58, so that when they turn up at a particular venue/function they can be seen accompanied by what they are wanted there for, and in some cases, they do this for insurance purposes.

Gary Moore's decision to eventually get rid of his so called Moore/Green LP, was partly influenced by his insurance company, putting so many conditions on where it went, where it was kept etc, and he simply couldn't deal with the ownership/insurance costs.

I'm pretty damn sure that quite a few 59 LP owners have their genuine article bank vaulted and appear in public, gigs etc with a well executed copy

• Members

RC, I appreciate your principles, but there is a reality in the world that means that at least 4 very famous LP players out there have had faithful repros of their 59s and one his 58, so that when they turn up at a particular venue/function they can be seen accompanied by what they are wanted there for, and in some cases, they do this for insurance purposes.

Gary Moore's decision to eventually get rid of his so called Moore/Green LP, was partly influenced by his insurance company, putting so many conditions on where it went, where it was kept etc, and he simply couldn't deal with the ownership/insurance costs.

I'm pretty damn sure that quite a few 59 LP owners have their genuine article bank vaulted and appear in public, gigs etc with a well executed copy

If Gibson either licensed or produced the copies, I would see nothing wrong.

• Members

I really liked the guitar until I saw your LP build thread and found out your were a low down fake.. Not cool. Beautiful build, too bad you're so ashamed of it you put someone else's logo on it.

I would say your comment is infinitely more "lowdown and not cool" than him building his OWN guitar and putting what ever in the hell lable he wants on it. As long as he's not selling it, who cares? The only people that are hurt by this are people that appear to need bigger stuff to worry about.

How is this any different than somebody putting a shelby cobra logo on a kit car and taking careful painstaking steps to get the build as accurate as possible which has been a perfectly acceptable practice for decades, as we'll as many other forms of artistic reproducing?

This whole argument is silly and you can have your opinions about it, that's fine but insulting the dude, which is your M.O. On this forum, always comes across as nothing more than a cry for attention from you. And I'm NOT trying to insult you. I'm just the messengers. This is just what it looks like.

And now comes the part where you rattle off about how you don't give a rats ass about what anyone thinker, etc, bla bla bla.

Truth is is has always been obvious that you DO care. Way more than you want to admit to yourself.

It's Ok. We get it. You exist. Stop trying so hard to be noticed, and try having a conversation without having to irritate EVERYONE.

You will not be any less noticed.

It's HIS guitar. He can put what ever logo he wants on it.

To prove my case, why don't you go call the gibson logo police and see how long it takes for them to come bust down his door, put him in shackles and cart off and destroy the guitar.

I'm going to go with never.

It's HIS guitar and not being misrepresented FOR SALE or to trick anyone into entering any type of misleading agreement whatsoever.

It's art, It is his interpretation, and in my opinion it is BADASS!

Archived