THE BEST blue guitar is...

caveman

• Members

I would say your comment is infinitely more "lowdown and not cool" than him building his OWN guitar and putting what ever in the hell lable he wants on it. As long as he's not selling it, who cares?

I care. I think its dishonest to put false labels on guitars. I don't like it when people put Fender labels on Squiers, or Gibson labels on Epiphones, or Made in USA labels on MIC guitars. I don't like liars, dishonesty, forgeries or fakes. To each his own.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I care. I think its dishonest to put false labels on guitars. I don't like it when people put Fender labels on Squiers, or Gibson labels on Epiphones, or Made in USA labels on MIC guitars. I don't like liars, dishonesty, forgeries or fakes. To each his own.

yeah, but in a pic thread about blue guitars, who gives a {censored}?

• Members

I think the opposite: its dishonest to take credit for a guitar someone else designed. Doesnt matter who put it together, unless you designed it-its not yours. give credit where its due.

this especially true with Fenders. anyone can slap a few parts together and a handfull of bolts. "Look at my Fernderp I made!" um, no.

• Members

Okay people, settle down. I built this guitar for myself it will not be sold.... ever. Besides if you actual were to pay attention to my builds they are all marked with my label inside the cavities under the clear, my label contains my name. I do not and will not make a Logo'd copy for anyone, not even family. This particular guitar originally had a logo that said "Alison" which is what I named this guitar. I liked it but wanted it to be a replica and wanted the logo to be correct. It is the ONLY logo'd guitar I have ever built (except a sticker on a GFS kit before I started making my on inlays). It will not be in any auction, list, or estate sale, so too bad for you. No need to insult, no need to worry about somebody getting ripped off. Reality, it is a tribute to the guitar company that I love, the design that inspired me, and the man who (as far as I am concerned) made the electric guitar what it is today.

The guitar is a very close 59' replica, but there are also a few changes. First find a blue one, second find a custom without back binding,, third no serial number, I could go on but why.

This subject has been discussed a million times, check the LP Luthier forum for current opinions. It is really a preference, and this build was not yours. Move on and pay attention before you buy ANY guitars, I can assure you none of them will be built by me with a copied logo.

And by the way, when you spend countless meticulous hours to build a guitar, with your own hands, NO CNC, you can do what you want with it. It may be the equivalent of a Custom Gibson Les Paul (actually better in my opinion), but to me it is worth much more than any Gibson I have played or seen. That being said I would love to have a real Burst so I could sell it for the money.

Furthermore, Raven, you do not know me, and you have no idea who I am, how I treat others, or what I am capable of. So keep your hide behind the internet judgments to yourself. After all, Have I ever made any LOW DOWN comment to anyone of this forum?

This is why I don't post too much on forums, too much judgement, too much worry about others, too much putting people in their place. Read, judge, and keep it to yourself, no one cares.

I am sure you will have a reply, good luck with hearing from me.

Peace to everyone and rock on!

• Members

Read, judge, and keep it to yourself, no one cares.

Mother. Freakin. Sigged. Sometimes that is in very short supply around here. I don't go on threads of bands/guitars/companies/etc I don't like just to say "Well that kinda sucks", I don't see why other people have to...yes, it's a fourm, but sometimes people just post negative stuff and move along like it's nothing.

• Members
Okay people, settle down. I built this guitar for myself it will not be sold.... ever. Besides if you actual were to pay attention to my builds they are all marked with my label inside the cavities under the clear, my label contains my name. I do not and will not make a Logo'd copy for anyone, not even family. This particular guitar originally had a logo that said "Alison" which is what I named this guitar. I liked it but wanted it to be a replica and wanted the logo to be correct. It is the ONLY logo'd guitar I have ever built. It will not be in any auction, list, or estate sale, so too bad for you. No need to insult, no need to worry about somebody getting ripped off. Reality, it is a tribute to the guitar company that I love, the design that inspired me, and the man who (as far as I am concerned) made the electric guitar what it is today.

The guitar is a very close 59' replica, but there are also a few changes. First find a blue one, second find a custom without back binding,, third no serial number, I could go on but why.

This subject has been discussed a million times, check the LP Luthier forum for current opinions. It is really a preference, and this build was not yours. Move on and pay attention before you buy ANY guitars, I can assure you none of them will be built by me with a copied logo.

And by the way, when you spend countless meticulous hours to build a guitar, with your own hands, NO CNC, you can do what you want with it. It may be the equivalent of a Custom Gibson Les Paul (actually better in my opinion), but to me it is worth much more than any Gibson I have played or seen. That being said I would love to have a real Burst so I could sell it for the money.

Furthermore, Raven, you do not know me, and you have no idea who I am, how I treat others, or what I am capable of. So keep your hide behind the internet judgments to yourself. After all, Have I ever made any LOW DOWN comment to anyone of this forum?

This is why I don't post too much on forums, too much judgement, too much worry about others, too much putting people in their place. Read, judge, and keep it to yourself, no one cares.

I am sure you will have a reply, good luck with hearing from me.

Peace to everyone and rock on!

Don't listen to too much bull{censored} around here. I kind of think about being around some of these guys here like I do being at home around the wife. I've gotten used to hearing all of the negativity and have just learned to tune it out after a while. :p

• Members

I would say your comment is infinitely more "lowdown and not cool" than him building his OWN guitar and putting what ever in the hell lable he wants on it. As long as he's not selling it, who cares? The only people that are hurt by this are people that appear to need bigger stuff to worry about.

How is this any different than somebody putting a shelby cobra logo on a kit car and taking careful painstaking steps to get the build as accurate as possible which has been a perfectly acceptable practice for decades, as we'll as many other forms of artistic reproducing?

This whole argument is silly and you can have your opinions about it, that's fine but insulting the dude, which is your M.O. On this forum, always comes across as nothing more than a cry for attention from you. And I'm NOT trying to insult you. I'm just the messengers. This is just what it looks like.

And now comes the part where you rattle off about how you don't give a rats ass about what anyone thinker, etc, bla bla bla.

Truth is is has always been obvious that you DO care. Way more than you want to admit to yourself.

It's Ok. We get it. You exist. Stop trying so hard to be noticed, and try having a conversation without having to irritate EVERYONE.

You will not be any less noticed.

It's HIS guitar. He can put what ever logo he wants on it.

To prove my case, why don't you go call the gibson logo police and see how long it takes for them to come bust down his door, put him in shackles and cart off and destroy the guitar.

I'm going to go with never.

It's HIS guitar and not being misrepresented FOR SALE or to trick anyone into entering any type of misleading agreement whatsoever.

It's art, It is his interpretation, and in my opinion it is BADASS!

If you don't like what I have to say, then put me on ignore and I'll return the favor. As for the act of copying any product from any company, I'm against it. 100%. Be it a company making millions of them, or some guy making one, I'm against it. Copying the shape is bad enough, but using the company's logo makes it disgusting. That also makes it illegal, and Gibson loves impaling people making copies.

• Members

If you don't like what I have to say, then put me on ignore and I'll return the favor. As for the act of copying any product from any company, I'm against it. 100%. Be it a company making millions of them, or some guy making one, I'm against it. Copying the shape is bad enough, but using the company's logo makes it disgusting. That also makes it illegal, and Gibson loves impaling people making copies.

We get it. You dont like copies. Let it go.

• Members

That is nice. How do you like it? I have always wanted one of those.

I absolutely love the BFG, and it's very close to being my #1. The aesthetics aren't for everyone, and indeed, most people (especially dyed-in-the-wool Gibson fans) hate the lack of appointments. This is like a Les Paul in the old EVH style -- it's a stripped-down, Les Paul Frankenstein, all balls, no frills.

I like it because it's a workhorse guitar. A Custom is like a tuxedo. The BFG is like painter's overalls. When I first played the BFG, it felt right to me from the moment I picked it up. It feels right and sounds right. I know I'll probably own a Custom someday, but it will be a Custom that someone else has worn in, so I won't have to worry about marking it up.

The blue is the only color I liked from the BFG line. With the wavy top, it looks like a well-worn pair of jeans. When the originals came out, I liked the guitar, and I loved the P-90/humbucker pickup configuration, but $1,000 retail was way too much, so I waited. I finally found a blue one at a reasonable price, and I jumped on it.

It's slightly neck heavy, but I have a suede-backed strap that solves it. I love the black hardware, the 50s neck profile, and the unadorned fretboard. This is my first guitar with a Burstbucker 3, and I'm surprised at how ballsy the pickup sounds, despite its relatively low output. Very happy with how it sounds. Lots of growl in the P-90, as well.

I don't like everything about it. I put the truss rod cover on it as soon as I brought it home, and I replaced the wood knobs with gold speed knobs. I think the kill switch is kind of cool, albeit unnecessary. But that's about it. I don't think I'd change anything else on the guitar. I just love it.

P1010260.jpg

Archived