THE BEST blue guitar is...

caveman

• Members

Copying the shape is bad enough, but using the company's logo makes it disgusting. That also makes it illegal, and Gibson loves impaling people making copies.

IANAL, but it's not illegal if he doesn't sell it. It just isn't. It would only be illegal if he tried to sell it as a Gibson. That would be making money off the Gibson name. As Dave said, Gibson ain't gonna break down his door for putting a Gibson logo on his privately-made, personally-held one-off. It's simply not going to happen.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IANAL, but it's not illegal if he doesn't sell it. It just isn't. It would only be illegal if he
tried to sell it
as a Gibson
. That would be making money off the Gibson name. As Dave said, Gibson ain't gonna break down his door for putting a Gibson logo on his privately-made, personally-held one-off. It's simply not going to happen.

Not until it goes up for sale, or he answers the requests in his build thread from people wanting him to build them one.. And if Gibson doesn't care about him using their logo, then he'll have nothing to worry about. Time will tell, huh?

• Members

Not until it goes up for sale, or he answers the requests in his build thread from people wanting him to build them one.. And if Gibson doesn't care about him using their logo, then he'll have nothing to worry about. Time will tell, huh?

You're getting close to a straw man argument. You're automatically assuming his ethics could be questionable, when you've already shown your own bias here. Maybe you should stay away from those kinds of assumptions. He has already stated his motives and intentions, and you still don't believe him. I suspect if someone told you the truth 1,000 times, you'll still be looking for the falsehood in number 1,001.

• Members

No. Not TIME will tell.

HE will tell.

As he already has. I have no indication whatsoever to call him a liar or doubt his imtentions. I dont know him. But he sounds sincere enough for me until proven otherwise.

Neither do you, but you dont seem to have a problem ignoring that in your already made up mind, accusing, and convicting, pointing your bony little finger,... And......and......

what's that, is that actual snot running down your nose? Dude, have some self respect. Go clean yourself up.

We get it. You think the dude is a criminal, don't worry if there is no actual crime.

Later in life, you will make an excellent condo commando! You can go around measuring blades of grass and handing out citations for people flying the flag, and post steakouts, surveiling "those pesky kids next door because you just know the are up to no good".

Ha ha.

• Members

You're getting close to a straw man argument. You're automatically assuming his ethics could be questionable, when you've already shown your own bias here. Maybe you should stay away from those kinds of assumptions. He has already stated his motives and intentions, and you still don't believe him. I suspect if someone told you the truth 1,000 times, you'll still be looking for the falsehood in number 1,001.

It is funny, but as an observer of people, I have time and again been shown how these types of people are the biggest hypocrites of all.

Always so busy bodies worrying everyone else follows rules to the letter, but when it comes to themselves, they have no problem at all picking and choosing which ones are relevant to them.

Never driven without your seatbelt on

Never break the speed limit.

Never run stop signs when no one is looking.

Never partaken in the consumption of illegal substances

Never driven even one smidge over the legal limit

Never take two after dinner mints when the sign says please take one.

Never bypassed the roped off walk pattern at the bank when no one was there and just walked straight up to the teller.

Never post dated a check.

Never left the house without identification.

Right. That's what I thought.

• Members

Anyone care to offer large sums of cash to get me to make and sell any logo'd product. It is not going to happen. You can ask any of the hundreds of people that have asked. Oh, but then again I have integrity and wouldn't give you their identity to you, but someone will chime if they see this. It has been done many times and usually ends with them not wanting me to build. Oh well, I have a job.

I appreciate the support even from people that don't agree with the logo, it is a preference, not a money making opportunity.

By the way I own 7 Les Pauls, Standards, Customs, and a Re-Issue. One I have had since 1982, a Custom. Haven't sold it, and will not. Never found one in Blue that I liked. So I made it, period, end of story.

Sorry, I do not have anymore Blue guitars so I will just leave you with this.

HPIM1032.jpg

• Members

No. Not TIME will tell.

HE will tell.

As he already has. I have no indication whatsoever to call him a liar or doubt his imtentions. I dont know him. But he sounds sincere enough for me until proven otherwise.

Neither do you, but you dont seem to have a problem ignoring that in your already made up mind, accusing, and convicting, pointing your bony little finger,... And......and......

what's that, is that actual snot running down your nose? Dude, have some self respect. Go clean yourself up.

We get it. You think the dude is a criminal, don't worry if there is no actual crime.

Later in life, you will make an excellent condo commando! You can go around measuring blades of grass and handing out citations for people flying the flag, and post steakouts, surveiling "those pesky kids next door because you just know the are up to no good".

Ha ha.

Wow Dave, are you off your meds again? Welcome to my ignore list.

Archived